Picking between two new laptops

I require a new laptop, and my only requirements are that it should have a glossy IPS screen, decent enough build quality that it won't break with decent but not extensive care, and be able to handle extremely light gaming. Preferably I'd like 6-8 gigs of ram as well, but that's not a requirement. I've found two laptops, which I believe fit this criteria, although have varying benefits of both and would appreciate any help or suggestions. I'll leave a link to both.

http://www.amazon.com/HP-15-p030nr-15-6-Inch-Special-Edition/dp/B00KB3MXH4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1417031979&sr=8-1&keywords=hp+beats+laptop#productDetails

I don't really care for the look of it, and the beats audio is of zero value to me, but that being said, it has a backlit keyboard, a touchscreen, and an a8 processor, which is an APU, so although not incredible, it has the ability to play something like minecraft lol. What I really like about it, is the reviews appear to praise it's build quality, and it appears to have a similar design to a macbook, which as overpriced as that is, if this $575 laptop has even similar build quality, that would put it ahead of other laptops in it's class in that regard.

http://www.amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-V5-552P-X404-15-6-Inch-Touchscreen/dp/B00K2O4P6E/ref=sr_1_21?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1417032327&sr=1-21

I think the look of this laptop is much more subtle, that being said im 18, so no one is expecting me to be subtle (of course at least I'd appreciate it's simple design). It's also got a touchscreen, however im not entirely sure if it has a backlit keyboard. What concerns me is the build quality, my grandfather owned an acer v5, it is very nice to look at, but it's entirely plastic construction concerns me. I'd like to point out I take care of all of my technology far better than anyone else my age that I know (that being said im aware there are those who are more careful than myself), im aware of the risk of having something lacking in physical build quality. The reason, however, that despite my concerns for it's build quality that I still appreciate it's competition; the a10 chip it has inside. It also has 8 gigs of ram like the HP, and is pretty much on par in every regard to the HP, however it has the a10 APU, which would leave more headroom for gaming. It might even let me play some everquest 2 on lower settings, which would be fantastic.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, and if there are any laptops in new or manufacturer refurbished condition that anyone is aware of, feel free to link it. Thanks in advance for any help!

The first one is pretty good, but the second one is iffy, I have recommended models in the first one's family many times and I'll continue to do it. You can't game very well on a laptop in this price range, but it will be about as good as you can get in this price range. I don't like hp laptops in general, they seem to be unreliable. You definitely want at least 6gb ram, I struggle with my current 4gb.