Can't set SSD as boot priority? D:

Louie2411
Go to solution Solved by Padunkadunk,

So should I unplug my HDD, install windows on to the SSD then plug my HDD back in and it should work? 

Yes. Unplug everything besides your SSD. Although, the SSD should show up in the BIOS.

Hi, I recently installed an SSD and formatted it so it was detected by windows, but when I go into my bios it won't allow me to set it as a boot priority it only shows me my disk drive, hard drive and my USB drive. However it is detected in my system browser? I'm really confused and don't know how to solve this. Halp me plz? 

My motherboard is an Asrock 970 pro3 R2.0 and i'm using Win7 Pro.

Once you isntall windows on the device it should just default, be sure to have no other storage devices in when installing the os.

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

So should I unplug my HDD, install windows on to the SSD then plug my HDD back in and it should work? 

Yes. Unplug everything besides your SSD. Although, the SSD should show up in the BIOS.

Okay i'll try that later, the SSD shows up in the bios but it won't allow me to set it as a boot option.

Okay i'll try that later, the SSD shows up in the bios but it won't allow me to set it as a boot option.

Weird. See if that changes once you have your OS installed.

Removing the hdd and installing windows on to the ssd worked, thanks guys :)