Would dual 980s be good for the rog swift?

AmericanToto

Sure. However you'll need to turn down some stuff if you want to hit 144 fps.

They are more than enough for a single 1440P display.I heleive you will get an average FPS about 100 in almost every games but not all games.Theres no need to worry.You can play games at ultra settings.

Dual 970 would struggle a bit reaching 144 unless you tone settings down 

DUal 980 can do max on most and you will be near 144 though the more demanding games will need toning down to if you want consistent 144

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

Highly depends on the game. I am running dual 970 (stock settings) and get somewhere between 50 and 70 FPS on Witcher 2 on 1440p max settings.

And that's on Old game. I am dreading firing up Witcher 3 when it comes out :(