seagate backup hiccup

Norwegiantweaker

Hello, i had this thread going on last night in a different topic.. but it died.

i have a seagate hdd backup plus. and my car stereo wont pick up the files on it.

i tried to format it a few different ways. still no go. stereo just lists it as a unplayable file. 

so im guessing its something seagate have done in their infinite wisdom.. anyone have a clue how to work around this problem ?. im guessing its a firmware related problem ? o,o 

Probably the file formats on your hard drive are not supported by your stereo.

Have you checked with the car's or car stereo's manufacturer (not sure if you use a default or aftermarket stereo) if the USB port can actually provide enough power to feed a HDD ? That may very well be the problem.

A 2.5" HDD needs power to spin the disk, move the platters and control several times more electronics than you find on a typical stick.

Probably the file formats on your hard drive are not supported by your stereo.

its supported ;) 

Have you checked with the car's or car stereo's manufacturer (not sure if you use a default or aftermarket stereo) if the USB port can actually provide enough power to feed a HDD ? That may very well be the problem.

A 2.5" HDD needs power to spin the disk, move the platters and control several times more electronics than you find on a typical stick.

as said above, it might not provide enough power

has nothing to do with power. its the HDD thats the issue here =). works fine with an old 3.5" and a new 2.5 as well as a ssd. it has something to do with this hdd.. cant say what but its not working lol. i believe its because of the "backup" part... 

Is that HDD PnP compatible or not? (oh, and is it bigger than 2 TB?)

1 tb and i have no idea. works fine on my tuner and my computer so tbh im kinda lost