So my filesystem won't mount...

ManWithBeard1990

I have a BTRFS filesystem that I use for my home folder. It consists of two partitions on separate drives that it stripes the data across in RAID0. It had been working properly for months and now it won't mount. Doesn't give a very good reason why either. I'm performing a badblocks scan right now to see if any of the drives is actually broken but so far, there doesn't seem to be a problem. It happened when my mother logged out and I logged in, suddenly the fs stopped working.

I do actually have a backup, but restoring it will take a long time. Not to mention I'm not even sure if I make a new partition that I can get Linux to use it as /home manually. Does anyone have a good idea on how to bring it back?

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

is the info for that partition still in the fstab?

have you tried manually mounting?

Can Anybody Link A Virtual Machine while I go download some RAM?

is the info for that partition still in the fstab?

have you tried manually mounting?

It was. Mounting manually didn't work. I have since deleted the partition, created a new one, restored it from a backup from 2 hours ago, and added the new partition to the fstab. Apparently it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. It's all good, we're back up and running in RAID0.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.