Desktop icon help!

Firenyth
Go to solution Solved by SlayerOfHellWyrm,

Do you have "align Icons to grid" turned on? If you do, that could be causing the issue, if your grid, icon size, and taskbar size don't match up.

I dont know what happened, turned on my computer today and my icons were all out of place, so i re-organised them but noticed i could not put anything close to the taskbar.

i tried moving it around didn't help, tried toggling auto hide on and off and from different places still didn't help, even tried moving the taskbar, locking it toggling auto hide unlocking it disabling auto hide again but still didnt fix it.

anyone know how to fix this?

post-123954-0-56923900-1416996062_thumb.

Processor:Intel i7 5930k,     Motherboard:Gigabyte X99-UD4,     RAM:32GB ddr4,     GPU:2x GTX 770 SC,     Case:Corsair 780t,     Storage:2TB hard drive, 120GB SSD, 1GB external hard drive,

Power supply:cooler master v750 semi-modular,     Monitors:2x Philips 23" 1920x1080,     Cooling:XSPC raystorm water cooled CPU, 6 coolermaster jetflo 120mm fans.

Have you restarted your PC? its simple but usually fixes stuff like this 

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

-snip-

Try switching the resolution to something else and back.

#SAMSUNG  "provided us 4 1tb ssds so we could run the whole site off solid state." - LinusTech

#GALAXY

#ATIV

Have you restarted your PC? its simple but usually fixes stuff like this 

Try switching the resolution to something else and back.

both done still didn't fix it :/

Processor:Intel i7 5930k,     Motherboard:Gigabyte X99-UD4,     RAM:32GB ddr4,     GPU:2x GTX 770 SC,     Case:Corsair 780t,     Storage:2TB hard drive, 120GB SSD, 1GB external hard drive,

Power supply:cooler master v750 semi-modular,     Monitors:2x Philips 23" 1920x1080,     Cooling:XSPC raystorm water cooled CPU, 6 coolermaster jetflo 120mm fans.

I dont know what happened, turned on my computer today and my icons were all out of place, so i re-organised them but noticed i could not put anything close to the taskbar.

i tried moving it around didn't help, tried toggling auto hide on and off and from different places still didn't help, even tried moving the taskbar, locking it toggling auto hide unlocking it disabling auto hide again but still didnt fix it.

anyone know how to fix this?

Did you change Windows Scaling or Icon Sizes?

--- CPU:  AMD A10-7850k --- Motherboard:  ASUS X88MPlus --- RAM:  G-Skill 8GB Ripjaws X DDR3 2133 Dual --- GPU:  Integrated APU --- Case:  Aerocool Dead Silence Gaming Cube Case  ---

Did you change Windows Scaling or Icon Sizes?

He evidently didn't, since the pictures show that the size and text of the Icons are the same.

Maybe he changed Resolution, or changed the taskbar from "hidding" to "always showing" - with the later resulting in the taskbar reserving that bottom space.

Do you have "align Icons to grid" turned on? If you do, that could be causing the issue, if your grid, icon size, and taskbar size don't match up.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section

Thanks that worked. it was starting it drive me a bit crazy :)