Need Blower Style GTX 970

VolkA

This may have been posted before and if it does, I would like to apologies for it. I'm trying to fix my 1st rig together and need some advise on the GPU. I have order the NZXT H440 Razer Edition Casing and due to the "not so perfect airflow" of the case, I understand that GPU in this case would be preferred to be blower style (althought I heard elsewhere that even with non blower style, the temp is like 4 - 5 degree different).

However, in the event if I were to use a blower style GPU, where can I buy 1. I'm living in Singapore and not really sure how to go about it. I tried online and so far, only found 1 from OverClock3D or something like that (sorry, could not remember). But they do not ship to Singapore as well.

Therefore posting here to seek some help.

Thank you!

Spoiler

[CPU] i5-4690K @ 4.5GHz with NZXT Kraken X61 [MOBO] Asus Z97-AR [Memory] HyperX Fury 32GB DDR3-1600 [Storage] Samsung 840 EVO 500GB & WD 1TB Black & Hitachi 1TB [GPU] Gigabyte GTX 1080 8GB Xtreme Gaming [Case] Corsair Air 540 [PSU] Cooler Master V1000 [Case Fan] Corsair SP140 LED Fan x 3 & SP120 LED Fan x 3 [Display] Main: Philips 31.5" FULL HD IPS | Side: Philips 28" 4K UHD [Keyboard] Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth Edition [Mouse] Razer Ouroboros [Mouse Pad] Razer Firefly [Sound] BOSE Companion 5 Multimedia Speaker System

PNY GTX 970 Xlr8 and evga whatever their naming scheme is like. Yet you have to know, these types of coolers are more likely to have coil whine. 

PNY GTX 970 Xlr8 and evga whatever their naming scheme is like. Yet you have to know, these types of coolers are more likely to have coil whine. 

Omg. Meaning that there will be those weird and irritating noise? So all in all, should i go for blower style or should i go for Gigabyte G1 (not sure if it fits in the case thou). As per my last post, to my understanding is that there will only be a little bit of temp differences. 

Spoiler

[CPU] i5-4690K @ 4.5GHz with NZXT Kraken X61 [MOBO] Asus Z97-AR [Memory] HyperX Fury 32GB DDR3-1600 [Storage] Samsung 840 EVO 500GB & WD 1TB Black & Hitachi 1TB [GPU] Gigabyte GTX 1080 8GB Xtreme Gaming [Case] Corsair Air 540 [PSU] Cooler Master V1000 [Case Fan] Corsair SP140 LED Fan x 3 & SP120 LED Fan x 3 [Display] Main: Philips 31.5" FULL HD IPS | Side: Philips 28" 4K UHD [Keyboard] Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth Edition [Mouse] Razer Ouroboros [Mouse Pad] Razer Firefly [Sound] BOSE Companion 5 Multimedia Speaker System

Omg. Meaning that there will be those weird and irritating noise? So all in all, should i go for blower style or should i go for Gigabyte G1 (not sure if it fits in the case thou). As per my last post, to my understanding is that there will only be a little bit of temp differences. 

Yes there is a possibility for the annoying sounds known as coil whine. The gigabyte g1 or wf cards aren't long enough to interfere with the drive caddies in the h440, and even if it did you can always move it since they only include a couple yet give you a few slots to use. But the temperature isn't much from what I have experienced, and looks, the pny xlr8 970 looks amazing and is a 670(kinda) pcb meaning it can use either a 760 or 670 waterblock, which is always a plus for those upgrading from a 670(meaningless information that will help others who do not know this)

Yes there is a possibility for the annoying sounds known as coil whine. The gigabyte g1 or wf cards aren't long enough to interfere with the drive caddies in the h440, and even if it did you can always move it since they only include a couple yet give you a few slots to use. But the temperature isn't much from what I have experienced, and looks, the pny xlr8 970 looks amazing and is a 670(kinda) pcb meaning it can use either a 760 or 670 waterblock, which is always a plus for those upgrading from a 670(meaningless information that will help others who do not know this)

Awesome. Thanks a lot! Just 1 last question, the white/blue (can't remember the exact color) of the gigabyte g1 led can be switch off right? or will it be permanently there. I'm going for a black/green build, won't want that g1 light to be there if possible. I'm kind of lost now. Too many choices to choose from kind of sucks. Now not really sure which GPU should i go for in my black/green color rig ...

Spoiler

Awesome. Thanks a lot! Just 1 last question, the white/blue (can't remember the exact color) of the gigabyte g1 led can be switch off right? or will it be permanently there. I'm going for a black/green build, won't want that g1 light to be there if possible. I'm kind of lost now. Too many choices to choose from kind of sucks. Now not really sure which GPU should i go for in my black/green color rig ...

I believe you can turn the light off. And from a pure looks and performance stand point the gigabyte g1 or wf 970 is your best bet, well unless you want to get a evga 980 which is all black. 

Yes the LED can be turned off in GeForce Experience

Thank you!

I believe you can turn the light off. And from a pure looks and performance stand point the gigabyte g1 or wf 970 is your best bet, well unless you want to get a evga 980 which is all black. 

Thank you! yah, performance wise, i believe gigabyte g1 is really good.

Think I need to do more research to see if I am able to mod the lighting on the gigabyte g1. Hope it's not that difficult and not void the warranty as well. 

Spoiler

the pny xlr8 970 looks amazing and is a 670(kinda) pcb meaning it can use either a 760 or 670 waterblock, which is always a plus for those upgrading from a 670(meaningless information that will help others who do not know this)

Didnt know that, but thanks for highlighting this. Am going to buy a 970 and will want to add it to the water loop at some point

i5 4670k @4.2ghz / MSI Z87 G45 / EVGA GTX 960 SSC / Samsung  840 EVo SSD / WD Green 1tb HDD / Corsair H75 / Corsair Obsidian 750D / Corsair CS750M

Thank you!

Thank you! yah, performance wise, i believe gigabyte g1 is really good.

Think I need to do more research to see if I am able to mod the lighting on the gigabyte g1. Hope it's not that difficult and not void the warranty as well. 

You might wanna check this out --> http://www.overclock.net/t/1519475/gigabyte-gtx-970-led-swap

You'd be better of not using a blow style in a h440 it has decent enough air flow.. 

CPU: i7 5820k @4.4GHz | MoboMSI MPower X99A | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Quad Channel Corsair LP | GPU: EVGA 1080 FTW Case: Define R5 Black Window | OS: Win 10 Pro

Storage: SanDisk Ultra II 960GB 2x WD Red 4TB | PSU: EVGA 750W G2 | Display:Acer XF270HU + Dell U2515H | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE

Keyboard: Ducky One  TKL Browns | Mouse: Steel Series Rival 300 | Sound: DT990s

Looks too difficult for me. I kind of not really good in all of this ... Haha.

You'd be better of not using a blow style in a h440 it has decent enough air flow.. 

Yah. Most likely going for Gigabyte G1 for now. Unless I found other cards that will suit to my build.

Thanks a lot for your help guys.

Spoiler

Beware blower style coolers can be loud as fuck. People always talk about the horrible r9 290x leaf blower/jet engine reference cooler, but my friends EVGA GTX 780SC isn't exactly whisper quiet either. That sucker ramps up to 80C in a hurry if you leave it at the default settings. My friend wasn't comfortable letting it run that hot so he played with the fan settings to keep it cooler, and as a result its annoyingly loud to me. Add some nice 970 coil whine, the shitty on the cheap blower coolers companies went with for the 970, and you have a good excuse to get a gaming headset.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x,  MOBO: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro wifi, CPU cooler: Noctua U12a RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V @3600mhz,  GPU: Asus Tuf RTX OC 3080 PSU: Seasonic Focus GX850 CASE: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Storage: 500 GB Inland Premium M.2,  Sandisk Ultra Plus II 256 GB & 120 GB