Wii U DLC Question

MahtXL
Go to solution Solved by skywake,

When you purchase something on the console it's available to everyone who uses that console. However the NNIDs you add to the console are tied to that console, there's no way to move a NNID from one Wii U to another. They'll have to add it eventually and they have added it to the 3DS but for now it's not a thing.

So i just got the Hyrule Warriors Season Pass pack thing. Anyways..... If my friend comes over, logs into his NNID account on my console, and then plays hyrule warriors, will the dlc i bought on my account be available to him as well? 

CPU: i7 6700k @4.5GHZ | Mobo: MSI Z170 Gaming M5 | RAM: G Skill Rip Jaws V- 16GB | GPU: Sapphire RX 5700 XT | Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200RPM, Kingston SSD-now 100V+ 128GB, WD Black 600GB, WD Blue 500GB, Intel 600p 256GB nvme SSD |PSU:Corsair CX750M| Cooling: Corsair H60| Displays: 27" LG IPS277L, Samsung Curved 72hz Freesync 27 inch, Epson EX7220 Projector with 100 inch 16:10 Screen | Kb: Corsair Vengeance K70 | Mouse: R.A.T. 4 |  Case:  NZXT Phantom 410 (Red) | OS: Win 10 Home 64 Bit

why would you log out of the wii u?

and i dout he would the content seams to get hashed with something related to your id if its anything like the 3ds and new 3ds i coud not just transfer the data

Forum Links - COC I FAQ I

why would you log out of the wii u?

and i dout he would the content seams to get hashed with something related to your id if its anything like the 3ds and new 3ds i coud not just transfer the data

it logs you out when you turn the system off? i dont have a choice in the matter.

CPU: i7 6700k @4.5GHZ | Mobo: MSI Z170 Gaming M5 | RAM: G Skill Rip Jaws V- 16GB | GPU: Sapphire RX 5700 XT | Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200RPM, Kingston SSD-now 100V+ 128GB, WD Black 600GB, WD Blue 500GB, Intel 600p 256GB nvme SSD |PSU:Corsair CX750M| Cooling: Corsair H60| Displays: 27" LG IPS277L, Samsung Curved 72hz Freesync 27 inch, Epson EX7220 Projector with 100 inch 16:10 Screen | Kb: Corsair Vengeance K70 | Mouse: R.A.T. 4 |  Case:  NZXT Phantom 410 (Red) | OS: Win 10 Home 64 Bit

When you purchase something on the console it's available to everyone who uses that console. However the NNIDs you add to the console are tied to that console, there's no way to move a NNID from one Wii U to another. They'll have to add it eventually and they have added it to the 3DS but for now it's not a thing.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

it logs you out when you turn the system off? i dont have a choice in the matter.

my wii u does not log me out or if it does i logs me back in on start up 

tho with how the nnid works its best to only have your one on your console just to save hassle down the line 

you can move the nnid from 1 3ds to another but it takes everything else with it you need to system transfer 

Wii U to Wii U system transfer is now possible, it was added in an update. However its an all or nothing transfer (For example if you have 2 NNID you cannot just move one).

More details http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8983/p/431/c/266

Project Tank

CPU: Intel i5 4670k :: Motherboard: Asus Z87 Pro :: RAM: 2x4GB Patroit 1866Mhz Intel Extreme Masters Edition :: GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon R9 280X :: Case: Fractal Design Define R2 XL :: Storage: 1TB Western Digital Black,3TB Western Digital Green, 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD :: PSU: XFX Pro Series Black Edition 850W :: Display(s): LG 23EA63V :: Cooling: Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler.

cool he has an account on my wii u (different NNID then his wii u) so that solves it then, he will be able to use my dlc on his account. thanks.