Dimastech Mini V1.0 and Easy V3.0 Test Benches

I like the way he handeled this critisism cause honestly, the jokes are what got me in in the fist place.

Though I am not going to say anything critical, because I don't feel like polarising everything all of the time, I did think that the old LTT video formats were more professionally done. But apparently that isn't going to change, so great, at least you sorted out the 'Subscribe Now' segment to have an edited overlay as opposed to YouTube annotations.

Thanks Nick for the response, given that the demographics for LTT is likely to show an increasing number of 'younger' people coming to have a look at the videos as the PC building community increases each year (I think...), they might see this as fitting, but personally, I feel that it could have been handled in a more professional way; having wonderfully edited videos, and then...that...kind of threw me. Oh well, American humour is not necessarily something I have always caught on to...

I do like some of the jokes, they lighten the mood a lot of the time, but I just hope that they stay the right side of vulgar...

Im fine with whatever comedy you want to use, sometimes it gets a giggle and others not so much, but thats really not so important.

But the thing about talking about some other video and asking for subscribes at the start of the video, is that it's irritating to people who just want to watch the video and are already subscribed. Put it at the end, or this idea will probably end up making you lose subscribers and interest, defeating the point of doing it in the first place. And honestly, if you think this is the kind of thing you think you need to do to hire more people to linus media group, just stop expanding! what your doing now is fine don't overextend yourself then crash and burn.

Was actually unaware that others were complaining about it, was going to comment yesterday but youtube broke, and now i see this video.

It's like, you don't even notice he's ridiculing people like you. Such self-awareness.

Would you like a medal for your shit stirring?

It's like, you don't even notice he's ridiculing people like you. Such self-awareness.

It's like, I do notice, and I take offense. 

I don't need 1 or more penis jokes in every single video. It's...really gay. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Sorry to hear that.

Our intention wasn't to offend anyone, we just felt that it would be a more entertaining way to go about it than saying "Hey guys, we've heard your complaints, and we're sorry to say that we will be continuing down our current path of dirty jokes and teasers. Thank you."

I hope you change your mind as I think we create the best tech content on YouTube (though I may be a bit biased), but if not I hope you enjoy whatever you do choose to watch.

You create really professional content. I wouldn't think you need to stop the jokes, but I mean the mineral oil videos. Come on. Am I watching a pc build or a dick joke contest? 

Not totally bad just over-saturated. Mix it up or something. Makes it feel like the audience is 12 or something. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

You create really professional content. I wouldn't think you need to stop the jokes, but I mean the mineral oil videos. Come on. Am I watching a pc build or a dick joke contest? 

Not totally bad just over-saturated. Mix it up or something. Makes it feel like the audience is 12 or something. 

I really didn't mind, lol. Maybe you're a little homophobic?

If anything, addressing unrelated criticism in a review video is what stands out to me the most. Regardless of how you feel about the subject of those criticisms, I think they could have been better addressed in a forum post rather than a product's review video. Dimastech is using that video to promote their products, and they probably agreed to some level of LTT shenanigans, but the viewers of that video (maybe it's their first time?) are now subject to a presenter addressing YouTube comments as well, in the opening no less.

I really didn't mind, lol. Maybe you're a little homophobic?

I mind only because the reason I support Linus is because he has grown to put out quality content of the type that really benefits those that want to get into PC gaming or know more about PCs. He is really starting to set the quality bar, and of course his humor helps the channel appear more relaxed and friendly. But I think he is above dick jokes every 5 minutes (or 5 seconds in the mineral oil build)

What LMG puts out is good for the ever growing PC community, especially after this latest round of consoles. 

I look at it this way- 

It's not the existence of dick jokes and other childish humor, it's the over-saturation recently. Too much of it makes him and his audience look childish, or more accurately makes it seem like he thinks his audience is immature/childish.  

I don't think anyone complaining about this wants him to stop completely, just to tone it back a little. 

Linus is a profit for the lord and savior Gaben, and needs to be more careful with a position so powerful.

If anything, addressing unrelated criticism in a review video is what stands out to me the most. Regardless of how you feel about the subject of those criticisms, I think they could have been better addressed in a forum post rather than a product's review video. Dimastech is using that video to promote their products, and they probably agreed to some level of LTT shenanigans, but the viewers of that video (maybe it's their first time?) are now subject to a presenter addressing YouTube comments as well, in the opening no less.

And that's part of what I take issue with-

"A lot of my viewers have a problem with something, well fuck em! "

Was kind the vibe I got, and in the same segment that he asks for people to subscribe, that does not come off right.

muh specs 

All parts black

And that's part of what I take issue with-

"A lot of my viewers have a problem with something, well fuck em! "

Was kind the vibe I got, and in the same segment that he asks for people to subscribe, that does not come off right.

That's not what he meant, imho. It was a light-hearted jab, trying to maybe make you see that you're overreacting a bit.

To clarify, I've been watching LTT for over a year now. And while he has always had a cringe-worthy sense of humor to me, it never got in the way of me enjoying the videos, and honestly was a little endearing in a way. I just feel like lately, ESPECIALLY, with the mineral oil build videos it's going way further than it use to. It was really hard for me to get through the mineral oil videos when most of what Linus was saying was a desperate attempt at a sex joke. I don't really plan on continuing watching that video series because of it.

Again, if that's the direction Linus wants to take the channel in that's fine. I'm not going to throw a fit over it, although it is disappointing seeing as how everything else LTT does is very professional (which is probably why it sticks out so much to me). I'll still probably stay subscribed and selectively watch videos that interest me, I just wanted to voice my opinion on the subject.

That's not what he meant, imho. It was a light-hearted jab, trying to maybe make you see that you're overreacting a bit.

Im not. No one is asking him to quit dick jokes completely. 

muh specs 

All parts black

I agree, more variety on jokes; maybe Linus should do a knock knock joke next or something

I love it when Linus troll's.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

He's a comedian now?

Making jokes doesn't make you a comedian

Sometimes Linus likes making jokes in the intro; its like when a group of friends hang out and crack jokes once in a while, like that

Making jokes doesn't make you a comedian

I KNOW that was my point. Ranking the quality of his jokes when he's clearly not a comedian but a hardware reviewer is just stupid.

Every reviewer has his quirks. Stop trying to enforce your perspective on things as some sort of general standard. Maybe people like his inuendo's, who are you to judge.

If I was upset about every small quirk a youtuber has, I couldn't watch any of them. I couldn't watch Thunderf00t because of the way he narrates, I couldn't watch TB because he repeats himselfs 4 times in each video.

Yes, there are always oppertunities for improvement, but this just seems like a non-issue to me.

Such wisdom found in the intro.

And don't stop of innuendo! That's what makes Linustechtips, well... Linustechtips.

If they stopped the innuendo they would need to change their name to just Linustech :( . the tip would have to go back in the boxers/briefs [whichever Linus wants]

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

While I don't mind the sex jokes, I do think Linus has been taking them a bit too far lately. I was hoping at the start of the video he was going to start toning them down at least a little, but it's disappointing to me that he blew it off so quickly. I don't plan on unsubscribing or anything, but the sex jokes to me do get tiring. I understand that I'm probably in the minority here, but I wanted to give my opinion on the matter regardless.

And even with the sex jokes aside, it just seemed like a rude way to blow off potentially valid criticism.

He did it in this video for a very specific reason..

It's just part of the package, in fact it's part of life...

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Does it really matter? Personally I think some are funny some are meh. I say keep going how you are Linus! Always liked your videos :)

And yes, some people are a bit homophobic.

Anyway... 

These test benches look pretty awesome but a bit pricey. Any good benches under 100$?

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

As Centos 7 SU once said: With great power comes great responsibility.

I would like to have an open test bench someday.  PC hardware junkie has to get one at some point.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Personally I like the video teasing because it lets me know what to look forward to and when. As for the sex jokes I can see both sides. You have one of the best most informative and well laid out tech channels on youtube. So your viewers cover a large range of ages and some people who have younger kids might not want there kids to hear that. However, screw it I think the jokes are hilarious and I find my self clicking the like button right after a well placed joke ( or even a horrible bad joke. what can I say I am easy).

also can you open the keep on digging shirts back up I really want the hoodie