Custom built PSU Covers

brighttail

Does anyone have a suggestion of a manufacturer who is offering to make custom built PSU covers?

I'm looking for one for my Corsair 780T. It is a tight fit between the bottom of the expansion slots and the PSU so i have a feeling it will have to be created to go around the 9th one.

Anyway, any suggestions?

BT

Phanteks Enthoo Elite | Intel I9 - 7900X | Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme | MSI 1080 TI 

32Gb Dominator Platinum Special Edition Blackout 3200MHz  | Samsung 960 Pro | 2x Samsung 961 Pro (Raid 0) 256Gb M.2 SSD  

Samsung 850 Pro 512Gb | WD Black 4TB | Corsair AX1200i

Does anyone have a suggestion of a manufacturer who is offering to make custom built PSU covers?

I'm looking for one for my Corsair 780T. It is a tight fit between the bottom of the expansion slots and the PSU so i have a feeling it will have to be created to go around the 9th one.

Anyway, any suggestions?

BT

As of right now I'm only aware of Modbunker who has a custom service for a shroud but is currently in the works so I don't know when it will be available. You may have to build it yourself since there isn't really any that you can buy off the shelf due to the variances between cases.

http://modbunker.com/shop/custom-products/power-supply-cover/

As of right now I'm only aware of Modbunker who has a custom service for a shroud but is currently in the works so I don't know when it will be available. You may have to build it yourself since there isn't really any that you can buy off the shelf due to the variances between cases.

http://modbunker.com/shop/custom-products/power-supply-cover/

I'll contact them.  Sadly I'm not very good at mods and have like literally no tools here in the new house, so by the time i buy any, teach myself, probably mess up a couple times, it would be cheaper to just pay someone to do it ;).  Thanks tho.

Phanteks Enthoo Elite | Intel I9 - 7900X | Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme | MSI 1080 TI 

32Gb Dominator Platinum Special Edition Blackout 3200MHz  | Samsung 960 Pro | 2x Samsung 961 Pro (Raid 0) 256Gb M.2 SSD  

Samsung 850 Pro 512Gb | WD Black 4TB | Corsair AX1200i

• 1 month later...

Any updates on that ?

Did you contact them ? What did they say ?

You might be able to to what I did if you and the case happen to meet certain requirements.

Only in pictures are computers really viewed with their side panels off. Day to day use, the side panel is probably on.

SO, if the case window comes just above the power supply, and you face the psu DOWN, then you could make a flat panel out of a single sheet of acrylic.

Sand out case management holes (or the space a pci bracket would take up) and test fit. Sand. Test fit.

Wipe it down then paint.

Tools:

Scoring tool

Metal files

maybe some finer sanding paper

Spray paint ~4

Acrylic might cost just over 10$. There's no harm in scoring it a ton. Just make sure you score it straight!

Heres a pic of mine in progress. I used a sharpie to mark off where the cables would fit.

post-80065-0-16664600-1422058427_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

You might be able to to what I did if you and the case happen to meet certain requirements.

Only in pictures are computers really viewed with their side panels off. Day to day use, the side panel is probably on.

SO, if the case window comes just above the power supply, and you face the psu DOWN, then you could make a flat panel out of a single sheet of acrylic.

Sand out case management holes (or the space a pci bracket would take up) and test fit. Sand. Test fit.

Wipe it down then paint.

Tools:

Scoring tool

Metal files

maybe some finer sanding paper

Spray paint ~4

Acrylic might cost just over 10$. There's no harm in scoring it a ton. Just make sure you score it straight!

Heres a pic of mine in progress. I used a sharpie to mark off where the cables would fit.

Do you have a thread on that work ? I want to follow in detail.

Here ya go!

Let me know if you have any questions.

I used a matte black Rustoleum paint. Minimal sanding.
You can EASILY get a VERY shiny effect if you paint the bottom of it as opposed to the top side that shows.

Any q's? Lemme know! :)

post-80065-0-60811100-1423279345_thumb.j

post-80065-0-19430300-1423279375_thumb.j

post-80065-0-24905900-1423279411_thumb.j

post-80065-0-60811100-1423279345_thumb.j

post-80065-0-19430300-1423279375_thumb.j

post-80065-0-24905900-1423279411_thumb.j