Do I need an upgrade?

Go to solution Solved by Captain_WD,

Update: Guys, again, Thank you so much for your help. One more thing for my upgrade path, Im kinda confuse whether to buy:

Vga Sapphire R7-265 Dual-X 2GB GDDR5 256Bit

PHP 7550.00

Vga Sapphire R7-260X OC Version 2GB DDR5 128bit PHP 5950.00 Vga Sapphire R9-270X Dual-X OC 2GB DDR5 256bit Boost Full PHP 8750.00 Vga Zotac GTX 750 Ti 2gb 128bit PHP 6500.00

I want the bang for the money GPU, coming from GTX 650 Ti. Btw Just divide the price to 50 to get the $ value.

750Ti and 260X are almost on the same performance spot, although 750Ti runs on a lot lower watts.

Overall this would be my upgrade path:

1st: GPU, still thinking what.

2nd: Intel Core i5-4690K up to 3.90GHz (Quad Core) Haswell Refresh

Hey, you are most welcome :)

Regarding the GPU, you could post these 4 cards in the Graphics Cards section here: http://linustechtips.com/main/forum/16-graphics-cards/ and ask the guys to compare them for you. They should be more competent on this matter.

About the CPU, great choice! You should see a significant improvement in your overall performance. :)

Captain_WD. 

Hello guys, I'm new here. I've been seeing different PC Builds from different trusted websites and people.

I rarely play high end games, just a couple of Watch Dogs, some NBA 2K15, mostly Dota 2, been testing out different games.

Sometimes I do render when I need it for an opening or a class presentation. I do multitask. 

I would like to ask if this is the time to upgrade my PC or should I sell it and buy a new one? 

I'm looking for efficiency and value.

Current Rig:

Processor: Intel i3 3220

GPU: Palit GTX 650 Ti

Mobo: Asus P8Z77 M PRO

RAM: G.Skills Ripjaws 8gb 1833mhz

SSD: ADATA 120gb

HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB

PSU: Seasonic Modular 80+Bronze 500W

No 3rd party fans.

Using a case of Raidmaxx, i forgot the name.

Might upgrade the CPU if you can find a good deal but other than that I would just wait out.

CPU and GPU, the rest is fine :)

"If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains." - Bill Shankly

upgrade gpu to 750 Ti or wait for 960. the cpu could use a bump, but for the graphic horsepower you're looking at 2 core/4 thread is probably fine. everything else looks good.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Hello guys, I'm new here. I've been seeing different PC Builds from different trusted websites and people.

I rarely play high end games, just a couple of Watch Dogs, some NBA 2K15, mostly Dota 2, been testing out different games.

Sometimes I do render when I need it for an opening or a class presentation. I do multitask. 

I would like to ask if this is the time to upgrade my PC or should I sell it and buy a new one? 

I'm looking for efficiency and value.

Current Rig:

Processor: Intel i3 3220

GPU: Palit GTX 650 Ti

Mobo: Asus P8Z77 M PRO

RAM: G.Skills Ripjaws 8gb 1833mhz

SSD: ADATA 120gb

HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB

PSU: Seasonic Modular 80+Bronze 500W

No 3rd party fans.

Using a case of Raidmaxx, i forgot the name.

Hey nikohd and welcome to Linus Tech Tips forum :) 

Most of your parts are pretty current and good.
As @laxer pointed out, you could upgrade the CPU to at least an i5 and you would be good to go. Games rely mostly on the GPU, so, depending on the funds, you could go for a better GPU. 
Your motherboards would soon be outdated, but you are good for now. :)

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/ 

CPU and GPU otherwise ur fine.

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

Hello guys, it's been a while, but I am viewing build logs day to day, sorry for not replying as much as fast as you guys reply. I'm developing a software for a company, and recently i've not been able to see the forums. 

Thank you for your advice, as what my build says, I think I would go for the GPU on my next budget rather than the processor, as I am not doing heavy editing right now. 

Once again, Thank you! Love this forum!  :)

EDIT: Do I have to use a 3rd party fan if my CPU and GPU Temp is playing around the values of 39 C to 44 C? Still learning on building a PC, so bear with me guys. :) 

Hello guys, it's been a while, but I am viewing build logs day to day, sorry for not replying as much as fast as you guys reply. I'm developing a software for a company, and recently i've not been able to see the forums. 

Thank you for your advice, as what my build says, I think I would go for the GPU on my next budget rather than the processor, as I am not doing heavy editing right now. 

Once again, Thank you! Love this forum!  :)

EDIT: Do I have to use a 3rd party fan if my CPU and GPU Temp is playing around the values of 39 C to 44 C? Still learning on building a PC, so bear with me guys. :)

Those temps should be fine. If you are worried, you can get a custom CPU Cooler and a fan for the GPU. If you plan on overclocking, you should definitely get a CPU Cooler. Your GPU should be fine at these temps. You can add another fan to the case for better airflow. :)

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^

Those temps should be fine. If you are worried, you can get a custom CPU Cooler and a fan for the GPU. If you plan on overclocking, you should definitely get a CPU Cooler. Your GPU should be fine at these temps. You can add another fan to the case for better airflow. :)

Captain_WD.

As always, Thank you! 

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Guys, again, Thank you so much for your help. One more thing for my upgrade path, Im kinda confuse whether to buy:

Vga Sapphire R7-265 Dual-X 2GB GDDR5 256Bit PHP 7550.00

Vga Sapphire R7-260X OC Version 2GB DDR5 128bit PHP 5950.00

Vga Sapphire R9-270X Dual-X OC 2GB DDR5 256bit Boost Full PHP 8750.00

Vga Zotac GTX 750 Ti 2gb 128bit PHP 6500.00

I want the bang for the money GPU, coming from GTX 650 Ti. Btw Just divide the price to 50 to get the $ value.

750Ti and 260X are almost on the same performance spot, although 750Ti runs on a lot lower watts.

Vga Sapphire R7-265 Dual-X 2GB GDDR5 256Bit

PHP 7550.00

Vga Sapphire R7-260X OC Version 2GB DDR5 128bit PHP 5950.00 Vga Sapphire R9-270X Dual-X OC 2GB DDR5 256bit Boost Full PHP 8750.00 Vga Zotac GTX 750 Ti 2gb 128bit PHP 6500.00

Regarding the GPU, you could post these 4 cards in the Graphics Cards section here: http://linustechtips.com/main/forum/16-graphics-cards/ and ask the guys to compare them for you. They should be more competent on this matter.

About the CPU, great choice! You should see a significant improvement in your overall performance. :)

Captain_WD. 

Captain_WD. 

Again, Thank you Senpai :) Will do post it. 

Again, Thank you Senpai :) Will do post it. 

You are most welcome :) Glad I could help!