Windows 8 fresh install bluescreen

Go to solution Solved by STRMfrmXMN,

Sorry guys, I fixed it super late last night. ISO was fine, but the BIOS hated me for some reason (long story). I managed to get it worked out, but thanks to all who responded!

So I have a Lenovo laptop that came with Windows 8 (not 8.1). I want to rid it of the pre-installed crap and fresh install it. I got a working iso to install it, product key from Belarc in hand. Plug in flash drive, select it as boot device and go - and then a bluescreen with no error code. The thing just boots back into Windows 8.1 (which is installed - all is up to date).

Help!

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Can't you just keep the factory partition and use something like pcdecrapifier to uninstall all the bloatware? That way you keep all the device drivers and the recovery partition that comes with the laptop.

I agree with Jeffrey and it sounds like the ISO is damaged.

I don't know, where you got your iso but try to download a new one directly from Microsoft.

-> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/create-reset-refresh-media

~ ThxAndBye

"You should remove any cats from the vicinity, because cats will cause all kinds of problems doing CPU installation." -Linus

delid i7-3770k @ 4.2Ghz @ 1.265V | EVGA z77 FTW | GTX 680 2way-SLI | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 1866MHz | 240GB SSD RAID 0 | Full Custom Water Loop with two 360mm radiators  -> live temps <-

Sorry guys, I fixed it super late last night. ISO was fine, but the BIOS hated me for some reason (long story). I managed to get it worked out, but thanks to all who responded!

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||