Motherboard Recommendations and Painting

I've narrowed down my choice of MATX Gaming motherboard to either the MSI Z97M Gaming or the Gigabyte GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5 and wanted some opinions on the feature set of each compared with their respective prices.  Additionally, I will probably SLI my Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming 4GB in the future, as well as overclock, if that helps decide which of them would be better for me.

My second line of questioning is how I would go about painting the red details of either of these motherboards in black (preferably matte, or just not glossy), i.e. what paint/decals to use, how to remove the different parts from the board, etc.

EDIT: I've learned about powder coating, is this a good direction to pursue?

• 4 weeks later...

The MSI- it has many more phases for much more clean power and each phase will be colder also better overclocking for the future if you feel, less red on the MSI, better audio and gaming features on the MSI, also more overall basic features on the MSI for eg sata, ever considered something like carbon wrap or matte wrap for cars? its very easy to do and removable if you want to send in the board for warranty but it still holds up to heat and stays in place.