Gaming HD

InfamousMEE
Go to solution Solved by Captain_WD,

I am literally only using this for gaming. 

Hey InfamousMEE,

Most games rely on storage only for their loading times (initial and in-game). Very view games need continuous loading of larger texture files and get affected by the storage drive. FPS and graphics are not affected in any way. Whatever drive you choose, you should be fine, unless you want your games to load faster. As the guys said, WD Blue should be perfectly fine for gaming (if you are looking for a drive with up to 1TB of capacity). If you want something a bit faster and with larger capacity, I would suggest looking at WD Black series. Here are links to both drives:

Thanks @Jerakl for the mention :)

Captain_WD.

1TB Blue?

WE SHOULD CALL @Captain_WD

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Hard drives aren't "good" for gaming. I don't know where you get that from.  :blink:

WD Blue or Seagate Barracuda. 1 TB versions can be bought for about $50.

Seagate barracuda, comes in nearly every size you could want.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I would suggest a 1 tb wd black drive if you can afford it. Or go with the wd blue.

[CPU] i7 4790K OC [CPU Cooler] H100i [GPU] Evga GTX 980 SuperClocked [Ram] Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1866 mhz [PSU] Cooler Master 1000w Silent Pro [storage] 256 GB Samsung 840 Pro, 1TB Seagate SSHD, 1 TB WD Blue 4 TB Seagate Nas. [Motherboard] Msi Z97 Gaming 5 [Case] Phantom 410 Red [sound] Onboard ALC 1150 [Headphones] Sennheiser HD 558 [Keyboard] Razer BlackWidow Chroma  [Mouse] Razer Deathadder Chroma [Mouse] Razer FireFly [Monitor] Asus MG278Q

I am literally only using this for gaming. 

Hey InfamousMEE,

Most games rely on storage only for their loading times (initial and in-game). Very view games need continuous loading of larger texture files and get affected by the storage drive. FPS and graphics are not affected in any way. Whatever drive you choose, you should be fine, unless you want your games to load faster. As the guys said, WD Blue should be perfectly fine for gaming (if you are looking for a drive with up to 1TB of capacity). If you want something a bit faster and with larger capacity, I would suggest looking at WD Black series. Here are links to both drives:

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/ 

Hey InfamousMEE,

Captain_WD.

Ok man, thanks