Best pump / Res for custom loop?

Spev

Swiftech MCP655 and was looking at a Phobya or EK res, thoughts? I'm going all out with my loop so I want a very reliable res/pump. Have a 360 and 240 45 thick alphacool rads.

(Anyone know how long EK takes to ship stuff? Aren't they in the UK?)

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

There's not really a 'Best' watercooling setup, as is with custom builds; you have to tailor it to your needs.

Yes, EK is in the UK, Scan.co.uk sell EK stuff as well as Watercooling UK (obvious choice) and kustompcs.co.uk is an awesome place to go for mods etc.

Compatible with Windows 95

i just got my bitspower res  today looks great , sadly its not useable missing  mod kit and d5 pump havent come yet =(   i picked up the mcp655-b version . ek is somewhere in Europe i think its Slovakia  they shipped a rma fitting in less then a week for me so there quick

main rig

Spoiler

corsair 750d | evga 1000w g2 | Gigabyte x99 soc champ | 5820k 4.0GHz | 1tb wd blue | 250gb samsung 840 evo  | Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 16GB 8x2 DDR4-2400 | MSI GTX 970 x2 | monitor Acer B286HK 28" 4K | razor chroma blackwidow  | razor death adder chroma

CENTOS 7 SERVER (PLEX&docker stuff)

Spoiler

NZXT s220 | evga 500w 80+ | AMD FX 8320e | ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 | 2x8gb non ecc ddr3 WD red 2TBx2 | seagate 160gb microcenter 8gb flashdrive OS

There's not really a 'Best' watercooling setup, as is with custom builds; you have to tailor it to your needs.

Yes, EK is in the UK, Scan.co.uk sell EK stuff as well as Watercooling UK (obvious choice) and kustompcs.co.uk is an awesome place to go for mods etc.

Another vote here for scan, they always look after me.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

i just got my bitspower res  today looks great , sadly its not useable missing  mod kit and d5 pump havent come yet =(   i picked up the mcp655-b version . ek is somewhere in Europe i think its Slovakia  they shipped a rma fitting in less then a week for me so there quick

How do you like the b version? It's on amazon which is a plus for me because I have prime which is free 2 day shipping and it's easy for me to use their site, but I can't help thinking the speed controller would be nice. Anyways let me know what you think of the pump it is also about 40$ cheaper for me to buy the b, worth for speed controller? Idk.

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

its still in the mail along with 15lbs of parts :( (dam snowstorms and other crap slowed down 1 out of 2 boxes showed up  got to love fedex/usps) the reviews and customer service performance pcs/ frozencpu both recommend both version as very good and best sellers 

i currently have a ek dcp one which is off a 3 pin header and its nice to have it go nearly idle when i ant doing anything and then speed up once i use the pc . need to upgrade crappy ek pump has no chance of working with new loop

but at same time the one with Manual speed control does have its pros makes bleeding a bit easier since u can go to speed one then right to 5 to make the stubborn bubbles move  if u can get the b version for 40 less thats great i paid 80.00 for mine and performance pcs threads to g1/4 so its useable with more then 1/2 tubing  there usually is only a 5-10$ difference between the normal and -b version     shop around you will probably get other parts for cheaper and get deals since black Friday is here nearly

have u watercooled your gpu

main rig

Spoiler

corsair 750d | evga 1000w g2 | Gigabyte x99 soc champ | 5820k 4.0GHz | 1tb wd blue | 250gb samsung 840 evo  | Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 16GB 8x2 DDR4-2400 | MSI GTX 970 x2 | monitor Acer B286HK 28" 4K | razor chroma blackwidow  | razor death adder chroma

CENTOS 7 SERVER (PLEX&docker stuff)

Spoiler

NZXT s220 | evga 500w 80+ | AMD FX 8320e | ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 | 2x8gb non ecc ddr3 WD red 2TBx2 | seagate 160gb microcenter 8gb flashdrive OS

its still in the mail along with 15lbs of parts :( (dam snowstorms and other crap slowed down 1 out of 2 boxes showed up  got to love fedex/usps) the reviews and customer service performance pcs/ frozencpu both recommend both version as very good and best sellers 

i currently have a ek dcp one which is off a 3 pin header and its nice to have it go nearly idle when i ant doing anything and then speed up once i use the pc . need to upgrade crappy ek pump has no chance of working with new loop

but at same time the one with Manual speed control does have its pros makes bleeding a bit easier since u can go to speed one then right to 5 to make the stubborn bubbles move  if u can get the b version for 40 less thats great i paid 80.00 for mine and performance pcs threads to g1/4 so its useable with more then 1/2 tubing  there usually is only a 5-10$ difference between the normal and -b version     shop around you will probably get other parts for cheaper and get deals since black Friday is here nearly

have u watercooled your gpu

Unfortunately I can't right now because of my model. I have the EVGA GTX 970 FTW and there is no waterblock for it. EK is releasing one this January so I have to wait. I have been doing some other upgrades in the meantime. In order to allow adequate water cooling I got a new case, my old case only supported one 240mm rad, here's a pic, I literally just got done transferring the components about 30 minutes ago as it just arrived today. I have one 360 Alphacool rad and a 240 Alphacool rad both 45 mm thick for this case. The 360 obviously on the top and the 240 is going to go on the bottom. Currently I have a Noctua in there but I will be replacing that tomorrow with my old water cooling components I just had to replace tubing so I've had that in there during the past couple months while I chose my new water cooling supplies.

post-155082-0-58736700-1416984338_thumb.

As far as a res goes, it literally just comes down to aesthetics.  I bought a Bitspower res because it was the shape, size, and price I was looking for and I'm completely pleased with it.  As far as the pump, (I have the Alphcool aftermarket version of the same pump) I really only found the adjustable speed controller useful when bleeding the system.

"There are 10 types of people in the world: those that understand binary and those that do not."

CPU:  4790K @ 4.7GHz  Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VI Formula  RAM:  32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz  GPU:  (2) GTX 780 Poseidons in SLI  Case:  NZXT H440  Storage:  (2) Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs and (1) 4TB WD Black HDD  PSU:  EVGA Supernova G2 850w  Cooling:  Custom loop - Koolance 380i CPU block, (built-in waterblocks on GPUs), Alphacool VP655 pump, (1) 360mm XSPC radiator, (1) 240mm XSPC radiator, Bitspower 150 reservoir