Ubisoft wants to make an kid friendly Assassin's Creed spin off

Ubisoft's Yannick Spagna in an interview : 
"On a big IP, like Assassin's Creed or that type of game, I think now the idea is to reach a maximum of people, so it's not about needing advertisement to get additional revenue. 

"Plus I'm not sure this is the right business model to do that. When you think about it, would you like to have, while playing Assassin's Creed, shaving cream advertising every five minutes when you spent $70 to buy the game? I'm not sure this is what you want. 

"For big IPs, smart brands are the best partners. They do a line with Mega Bloks together. On their side, it's nice because toys are looking for the hype around video games. And we are looking for a new audience: kids, children, it's more like that."

gaming-assassins-creed-unity-screenshot-

Source : http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a612103/ubisoft-wants-to-expand-assassins-creed-brand-to-kids.html#~oWFSwQLTauWq8x#ixzz3K7o9GVBs 

let me just leave this here 

iOXTxA.gif psychounity3.gif

18YHjnd.jpg

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

And now the kids get to experience frame drops too!

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

The name completely breaks anything that should be around kids. Assassins are people who kill people. That is not for children. Wtf?

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

Parents will need to protect their children. 

Ubisoft --> 0_big.jpg

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

To Ubisoft. How about no... 

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

The name completely breaks anything that should be around kids. Assassins are people who kill people. That is not for children. Wtf?

My thoughts exactly.

This to me seems like a way to indoctrinate children into looking for an AC as soon as they get interested in video gaming.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

If you guys are going to make tech news posts, how about keep the meme pictures to a minimum. 

I also see nothing wrong with this. If you don't like it, don't buy it.

Can we get Halo for kids & Call of Duty for kids too! Would be great to play both with my little brother but the big boy ones are too gorey for me

This will be a hit with kids as they only can see 15fps anyways like stop motion cartoons..

Details separate people.

I don't know what's worse... A 4Kids version of Attack on Titan or an Assassin's Creed without bloodshed?

Let's all hang shit on Ubisoft for wanting to tame down some of their games for a new market.  Or perhaps you;d rather they just went out of business. :rolleyes:

No one is forcing you to buy a child friendlier version, and as a parent I would love the opportunity to let my kids play a AAA title that isn't provocative or inclusive of extreme adult content.

P.S they didn't say they would do it for AC they just used it as an example, and to top that it was in the context of finding an alternative to advertising to maintain viability of the company.  So what would you rather games with ads or this?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Hahahahahhaha Those GIFs! 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Ubisoft has to make games that work for adults first.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

I don't know what's worse... A 4Kids version of Attack on Titan or an Assassin's Creed without bloodshed?

4kids can suck my lolipop.

(this comment was edited by 4kids Entertainment)

Lol

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

lol wut

Assassin's Creed is one of the most childish games I've ever played.

It dresses up as a mature game, but it's actually people running around, killing random guys and acting cool.

If that is mature to you guys, no thanks, I'll stick to Mario.

The idiot-to-walletclutcher ratio of the adult and teen market got too low because now even a blind man in a desert with sandpaper glasses can see what Ubisoft are doing and have been doing for years, so they have to find alternative markets now. Poor kids though. Not that Assassin's Creed is anywhere near mature to begin with.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

How? Assassins Creed involves assassinating people.

It wouldn't be that if it was kid friendly as it involves killing/murder/blood.

Make it kid friendly and you'll need to get rid of that.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Assassin's Creed without assassinations,

u wot m8

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

u wot m8

Yes... I wot... m8...

u wot m8

parkour simulator 2015

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz