Final insight on custom loop plan!

Spev

Hello, 

Here is a diagram of what Faceman and I came up with,

Current plan: 

post-155082-0-53139500-1416949142.jpg

The case is the Phanteks Enthoo Luxe.

I am going to be cooling my CPU / GPU. Right now, only my CPU. I have an EVGA 970 FTW, the waterblock for it is released from EK in January.

Loop path: Reservoir ----> Pump ----> Lower 240 ----> GPU block ----> back 140 ----> CPU block ----> top 360 ----> reservoir -----> Repeat.

Supplies: 

Not ordered yet can still be changed. Thinking I'm going with Alphacool rads because I have seen them in many high quality builds but was also looking at EK rads.

Top(Alphacool 360) : http://www.amazon.com/Alphacool-NexXxoS-Copper-360mm-Radiator/dp/B007P05XNC/ref=sr_1_3?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1416845752&sr=1-3&keywords=360mm+radiator

Back (Alphacool 140) : http://www.amazon.com/Alphacool-NexXxoS-Copper-Radiator-Single/dp/B007R74MF8/ref=sr_1_4?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1416895619&sr=1-4&keywords=alphacool+140

Bottom (Alphacool 240): http://www.amazon.com/Alphacool-NexXxoS-Copper-240mm-Radiator/dp/B007P05XL4/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_2?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1416895688&sr=1-2-fkmr0&keywords=alphacool+140

I only chose these right now because Linus used them in his ultimate water cooling guide so I figured they were good, haven't done too much research, he put these as the only pump & res "that mattered": 

Res (Phobya 150): http://www.amazon.com/Phobya-Balancer-150-Reservoir-Nickel/dp/B003TWFBSC/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1416845836&sr=1-2&keywords=phobia+reservoir

Pump (Swiftech MCP655): http://www.swiftech.com/mcp655.aspx

If you have any recommendations for my case layout or brands of my items, different pump/res/rads just say something, this will cost me a LOT of money so I want to make sure I don't regret my purchases. Anyways my ramble is over hopefully you can help and thanks for your time! :D

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

the loop order is fine all that matters is res before pump and higher

look at frozencpu or performance-pcs they usually have better prices and you can call them for suggestions on parts  . the mcp655 is a good pump im getting the -b version just waiting for it to come in the mail .xspc bitspower ek alphacool hardwere labs is supposedly one of the best for there rads but the others are great i have xspc and ekwb ones my self.

look at  bitspower z-multi 150 res and ek's ones ect. ill tell you what i was told when i got into custom loops 6 months ago  you have to do research and shop around for parts since some sites have it 10-15$ cheaper then another or will price match on some stuff . 

for your gpu do you have it heavily overclocked if not the gpu block ant needed i have the msi 970 and at 1500 core 2k memory it doesn't go above 69c. under full load

u will need fittings like 90s 45's for the top rad if u end up with clearance issue on your motherboard

and look for reviews on parts on youtube since there the most help you will find out if the part your looking at is great or a dud

main rig

Spoiler

corsair 750d | evga 1000w g2 | Gigabyte x99 soc champ | 5820k 4.0GHz | 1tb wd blue | 250gb samsung 840 evo  | Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 16GB 8x2 DDR4-2400 | MSI GTX 970 x2 | monitor Acer B286HK 28" 4K | razor chroma blackwidow  | razor death adder chroma

CENTOS 7 SERVER (PLEX&docker stuff)

Spoiler

NZXT s220 | evga 500w 80+ | AMD FX 8320e | ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 | 2x8gb non ecc ddr3 WD red 2TBx2 | seagate 160gb microcenter 8gb flashdrive OS

Why not mount the 240 on the front of the case rather than the floor, unless you open the floor up the front would be a better choice tbh, I put a fan on the floor of my 500R once and it did nothing.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

i think that case has a 200/230mm stock fan in front so he probably wants the airflow for positive pressure also what motherboard cpu you going with to watercool

main rig

Spoiler

corsair 750d | evga 1000w g2 | Gigabyte x99 soc champ | 5820k 4.0GHz | 1tb wd blue | 250gb samsung 840 evo  | Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 16GB 8x2 DDR4-2400 | MSI GTX 970 x2 | monitor Acer B286HK 28" 4K | razor chroma blackwidow  | razor death adder chroma

Spoiler

NZXT s220 | evga 500w 80+ | AMD FX 8320e | ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 | 2x8gb non ecc ddr3 WD red 2TBx2 | seagate 160gb microcenter 8gb flashdrive OS

i think that case has a 200/230mm stock fan in front so he probably wants the airflow for positive pressure also what motherboard cpu you going with to watercool

If you look at the diagram he has both rads intaking (which I don't do because it heats up the case) so unless the 200 is exhaust there will be too much positive air pressure.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

If you have any recommendations for my case layout or brands of my items, different pump/res/rads just say something, this will cost me a LOT of money so I want to make sure I don't regret my purchases. Anyways my ramble is over hopefully you can help and thanks for your time! :D

losing the airflow of the floor rad, due to the PSU cover is counter-productive

as using the rear I/0 mounted radiator.

use a 240x 60 on the front intake and lose the rear rad (less point of failure)

promotes full usage of 240 radiator and able to use 1000 rpm or less on fans.

push/pull on a 45mm sub 10 fin per inch radiator will offer little to no

improvement on cooling (2-4°), but drive the build cost up for more important

features.

look into the primochill CTR reservoirs w/pump mount:

D6074765_76083321_642135_zps3985fdc5.jpg

compact and less components to chase.

the loop order is fine all that matters is res before pump and higher

look at frozencpu or performance-pcs they usually have better prices and you can call them for suggestions on parts  . the mcp655 is a good pump im getting the -b version just waiting for it to come in the mail .xspc bitspower ek alphacool hardwere labs is supposedly one of the best for there rads but the others are great i have xspc and ekwb ones my self.

look at  bitspower z-multi 150 res and ek's ones ect. ill tell you what i was told when i got into custom loops 6 months ago  you have to do research and shop around for parts since some sites have it 10-15$ cheaper then another or will price match on some stuff . 

for your gpu do you have it heavily overclocked if not the gpu block ant needed i have the msi 970 and at 1500 core 2k memory it doesn't go above 69c. under full load

u will need fittings like 90s 45's for the top rad if u end up with clearance issue on your motherboard

and look for reviews on parts on youtube since there the most help you will find out if the part your looking at is great or a dud

Ya I'll check out Bitspower for some reason I find their website unfriendly to manage and find stuff compared to others.

Why not mount the 240 on the front of the case rather than the floor, unless you open the floor up the front would be a better choice tbh, I put a fan on the floor of my 500R once and it did nothing.

Hmm that's true I can do either with my case that actually sounds better.

It's GA-X58A-OC from Gigabyte and Intel i7 980. I might upgrade soon but am kinda waiting to see what intel's new processors are and when they are coming out.

If you look at the diagram he has both rads intaking (which I don't do because it heats up the case) so unless the 200 is exhaust there will be too much positive air pressure.

@Faceman suggested it, I'm not too experienced with fan positioning I just know you should try your best to have positive air pressure.

losing the airflow of the floor rad, due to the PSU cover is counter-productive

as using the rear I/0 mounted radiator.

use a 240x 60 on the front intake and lose the rear rad (less point of failure)

promotes full usage of 240 radiator and able to use 1000 rpm or less on fans.

push/pull on a 45mm sub 10 fin per inch radiator will offer little to no

improvement on cooling (2-4°), but drive the build cost up for more important

features.

look into the primochill CTR reservoirs w/pump mount:

D6074765_76083321_642135_zps3985fdc5.jpg

compact and less components to chase.

Thanks for the suggestions I will check them out. Ya a pump/res combo would be nice but you are sure right so many freaking choices to choose from! Lol.

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

Yeah ditch the push/pull.

Maybe switch the front fan it exhaust? That's if you still plan on the lower rad.

I have a bottom rad installed on my H440 and it actually pulls more air through than my top and front rads, but that's probably because of the shrouds...

I'm not sure of the ground clearance with the Luxe.

2x GTX780 (@1.29ghz) | 2x 840evo 250GB raid0 | i5 4690k (@4.7ghz) | Watercooled Modded H440 Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/255872-project-whiteout-v20-h440-watercooled-3xradiators-10-fans

Change the Top rad top rad to exhaust out and just calculate the airflow in/out to create positive pressure. Adjust RPM accordingly e.g lowering top and rear fans, or increasing lower and front fans.

Ditch the push-pull unless you like to throw money at that loop for no real performance benefit.

Welp

Yeah ditch the push/pull.

Maybe switch the front fan it exhaust? That's if you still plan on the lower rad.

I have a bottom rad installed on my H440 and it actually pulls more air through than my top and front rads, but that's probably because of the shrouds...

I'm not sure of the ground clearance with the Luxe.

Change the Top rad top rad to exhaust out and just calculate the airflow in/out to create positive pressure. Adjust RPM accordingly e.g lowering top and rear fans, or increasing lower and front fans.

Ditch the push-pull unless you like to throw money at that loop for no real performance benefit.

Ok how about this. 

Top 360 exhaust (pull with fans above)

Back 140 intake (no rad there atm, just fan)

Front fan 240? Can't remember (Intake)

Bottom 240 intake (fans on bottom pushing)

This should give me positive air pressure, and seems like a decent setup?

I'm not too familiar with the Luxe, but I would make certain that you can actually have a bottom and front rad at the same time.

2x GTX780 (@1.29ghz) | 2x 840evo 250GB raid0 | i5 4690k (@4.7ghz) | Watercooled Modded H440 Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/255872-project-whiteout-v20-h440-watercooled-3xradiators-10-fans

he should be able to fit both the front and bottom rad  just need one of those 2 to be a thin rad so there is clearance .i dont have any this case just going off other people who posted pics of it filled with watercolor stuff

edit nvm its going to be tight fit its one or the other it looks like bottom or front  this is the only one that doesnt look like the case has been modded  https://pcpartpicker.com/b/T9KZxr

and thats a still very nice looking case

main rig

Spoiler

Spoiler

Ok how about this. 

Top 360 exhaust (pull with fans above)

Back 140 intake (no rad there atm, just fan)

Front fan 240? Can't remember (Intake)

Bottom 240 intake (fans on bottom pushing)

This should give me positive air pressure, and seems like a decent setup?

You can even switch the rear fan to exhaust. Maybe go for 280 in the front or bottom in stead of 240.

I myself run dual 280 in and 140+420 out. No problems with dust so far (I have the enthoo primo)

Welp

You can even switch the rear fan to exhaust. Maybe go for 280 in the front or bottom in stead of 240.

I myself run dual 280 in and 140+420 out. No problems with dust so far (I have the enthoo primo)

Ya, my current plan is this:

Rear 140mm fan: Intake

From 200mm fan: Intake

Bottom 240mm radiator: Intake

Top 360mm radiator: Exhuast

Btw, I already own the 240 rad for the bottom, also the Luxe only supports up to a 240mm rad in the bottom, maybe your case is a bit bigger than mine as it is the Primo.

I'm not too familiar with the Luxe, but I would make certain that you can actually have a bottom and front rad at the same time.

I only have 1 radiator in the bottom. There is a large fan in the front I think you may have thought I was talking about a rad. Just the large fan in the from (200mm) and the 240mm rad in the bottom.

maybe your case is a bit bigger than mine as it is the Primo.

Yeah the primo was their first case and basically is the luxe's big brother.

Welp