HTC One M8 trying to go stock fail.

Harrington

Hey LTT

I have a HTC one M8 with which i tried the world of rooting and those stuff... actually i don't know much about it and when it got too much for me i wanted to go stock! i forlowed a video online which resulted in removing my entire internal storage.. including operating system, data and settings.. ALL.

My phone can only boot into fastboot-mode or bootloader-mode. 

just to be clear. This is all i know!.. I do not know how to flash or such since i used a software to get viperom in the first place but there is no such software to do so in reverse.. none i could find.

a friend of mine told me i lost all waranty by the things i have done and my 1000 dollar phone (Denmark prices) is useless forever. 

i bought it in may and in june i did the viperrom thing.. it got unstable and took 20 minutes just to start up from a completely normal shutdown which took 10 seconds on the stock version of my android. I know there is "roms" and "recoveries" and "sense" out there but that's it. 

I will be likely to pay someone for helping me or guiding me to get my phone up and running. I would prefer it to be stock if that's possible.. 

someting called twrp was an option before but in my desperate attempt to save my phone i must have deleted that as well..

i have linked my phone's only interactive (the only place i can navigate and choose functions) screen. the other is a neverending start up logo of HTC. 

Any help will be deeply appriciated and (if my phone gets going again) PAID!

thanks in advance

post-164654-0-23857400-1416948926_thumb.

Try this, http://www.droidviews.com/restore-t-mobile-htc-one-m8-to-stock/ but it's for T-Mobile so make sure to find the right software first.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

What about this?

First get HTC Sync on your PC, install the drivers, then uninstall HTC Sync.
Download TWRP from their site. I recommend 2.0.8.3, it has less issues than the newest 2.1.0.0.
Rename it to recovery.img and put it into the fastboot folder on your PC.
Enter fastboot on the phone (while the phone is off, hold power + vol. down) 
Plug it in to your PC and start ADB and enter this command:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Make sure that Superuser is installed, (it should be already if he was flashing custom ROMs)
After that you can flash a ROM using ADB, or by putting the ROM onto ext SD and flashing using TWRP.

Source: http://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-one-m8/help/friend-bricked-htc-one-t2949501

Looks like your problem, i'm not familiair with the M8 but it sounds maybe understandable for you

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

What about this?

First get HTC Sync on your PC, install the drivers, then uninstall HTC Sync.

Download TWRP from their site. I recommend 2.0.8.3, it has less issues than the newest 2.1.0.0.

Rename it to recovery.img and put it into the fastboot folder on your PC.

Enter fastboot on the phone (while the phone is off, hold power + vol. down) 

Plug it in to your PC and start ADB and enter this command:

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Make sure that Superuser is installed, (it should be already if he was flashing custom ROMs)

After that you can flash a ROM using ADB, or by putting the ROM onto ext SD and flashing using TWRP.

Source: http://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-one-m8/help/friend-bricked-htc-one-t2949501

Looks like your problem, i'm not familiair with the M8 but it sounds maybe understandable for you

first of all. What is an "fastboot folder" ? and ADB ? 

I cannnot make sure superuser is installed since nothing is installed anymore.. :(

btw, i do not have an external memory card but i can get one. How much storage is needed?

Try this, http://www.droidviews.com/restore-t-mobile-htc-one-m8-to-stock/ but it's for T-Mobile so make sure to find the right software first.

this guide involve relock bootloader which i have no idea how to :S

And i can't enable USB debugging since my phone won't start android or viperrom or anything since the internal storage is completely wiped clean for anything. 16gb out of 16gb is freed. 

this guide involve relock bootloader which i have no idea how to :S

And i can't enable USB debugging since my phone won't start android or viperrom or anything since the internal storage is completely wiped clean for anything. 16gb out of 16gb is freed. 

What's your carrier? Also it tells how to relock to bootloader in the guide.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

My phone is not an GSM, Verizon or at-t model. It's international or CDMA. I don't know what is it called but not any of those i know .. :D 

What's your carrier? Also it tells how to relock to bootloader in the guide.

My carrier is "Telia" but i wouldn't bet you finding anything from that since (from what i know) that Telia is only in Denmark and/or Sweden :( 

The T-mobile guide is quite good! i just don't know how to find the right "RUU" to get my version of android and not the T-mobile one. 

Using fastboot type "fastboot getvar all" without quotes and add a screenshot of that

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

The T-mobile guide is quite good! i just don't know how to find the right "RUU" to get my version of android and not the T-mobile one. 

Also the XDA forums are a great place to get help for Android, if this doesn't work.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Also the XDA forums are a great place to get help for Android, if this doesn't work.

I can now confirm my HTC is a M8_ul Model. 

Small steps but i think i am getting closer. I just got a 440mb zip package from HTCDev website containing: ReadMe.txt, Platform.tar and m8ul-3.4.0-g222defb.tar

Do you have any idea what to make of that?

I can now confirm my HTC is a M8_ul Model. 

Small steps but i think i am getting closer. I just got a 440mb zip package from HTCDev website containing: ReadMe.txt, Platform.tar and m8ul-3.4.0-g222defb.tar

Do you have any idea what to make of that?

What's the zip package called?

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

What's the readme say?

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

What's the readme say?

This:

defconfig file: m8_defconfig (arm-eabi-4.7)

Download:
=========
If you are not already using an AOSP toolchain (included in an AOSP build tree), download the corresponding official android toolchain for the arm-eabi specified above for this device:

(use darwin-x86 in place of linux-x86 for mac)

Build the kernel:
=================
set the following environment variables:

export TOP= [where you installed the toolchain or top of android AOSP code base]
export PATH=$TOP/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-eabi-4.6/bin:$PATH (use corresponding arm-eabi bin path)
export ARCH=arm
export SUBARCH=arm
export CROSS_COMPILE=arm-eabi-

make [the defconfig file for this device above]
make clean  (for subsequent builds)
make -j4    (in this example 4 is the number of processors of your build machine)

Output Binary Files:
====================
After the build process is finished, there should be a file named "zImage" found in arch/arm/boot/
If you are building a rom with this kernel ZImage, copy it into your build's output folder and rename it to "kernel".

You will also need the following kernel modules. These will eventually be installed into /system/lib/modules on the device.

kernel modules:
./driver/*.ko

If you have already built and installed a boot.img with root access you can also install the modules directly into the device using "adb remount" and "apb push [file] system/lib/modules/" for each file listed above. After installing files set permissions with "adb shell chmod 0644 system/lib/modules/*" and "adb reboot"

For additional information:
=========================== 

Alot of stuff i do not understand. I have not built anything from these files which i understand is necessary?

That's how to compile a kernel, you don't need that.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

That's how to compile a kernel, you don't need that.

So the package from HTCDev i useless? I cannot believe how easy it is to root and put something else in your phone but not just make i stock again. 

there should be a MASTER Default option and an untouchable MASTER stock android partition on a chip inside every one of those phones :D

I Jailbreaked a iphone once and sold it but before doing that i just restored it using itunes and i was back to normal after that. 

But not all androids are the same in terms of software and versions and build numbers and whatnot..?

So the package from HTCDev i useless? I cannot believe how easy it is to root and put something else in your phone but not just make i stock again. 

there should be a MASTER Default option and an untouchable MASTER stock android partition on a chip inside every one of those phones :D

I Jailbreaked a iphone once and sold it but before doing that i just restored it using itunes and i was back to normal after that. 

But not all androids are the same in terms of software and versions and build numbers and whatnot..?

I know, I have to put mine back to stock to send it into HTC to get my motor repaired. Have you done the fastboot getvar all? A screenshot of that would really help me help you.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

post-164654-0-01073000-1416957759.jpg

I know, I have to put mine back to stock to send it into HTC to get my motor repaired. Have you done the fastboot getvar all? A screenshot of that would really help me help you.

this is the screenshot 

This thread here will help http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2735235 you'll have to re-flash TWRP

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

This thread here will help http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2735235 you'll have to re-flash TWRP

okay i will try and i must search to understand those terms used in the guide. I do not have twrp but must find a way to get that back and running. 

looks like everything is in the guide, including links. 

i will go to rest now because in my timezone clock is 00:28 midnight... 

tomorrow or asap i will try this and if i works i will post in this thread!

okay i will try and i must search to understand those terms used in the guide. I do not have twrp but must find a way to get that back and running. 

looks like everything is in the guide, including links. 

i will go to rest now because in my timezone clock is 00:28 midnight... 

tomorrow or asap i will try this and if i works i will post in this thread!

okay so my phone is running android revolution from what i know and i have restored whatever restored could. But i used to have 3 touch buttons at the bottom: back, home and a "running in background-button". The last one is not there at all? and i was usually able to pull down a notification screen which i can not do now. Some functions is not present as it was before.. is there maybe a fix for that? or have i done something wrong? 

also wifi cannot be turned on

okay so my phone is running android revolution from what i know and i have restored whatever restored could. But i used to have 3 touch buttons at the bottom: back, home and a "running in background-button". The last one is not there at all? and i was usually able to pull down a notification screen which i can not do now. Some functions is not present as it was before.. is there maybe a fix for that? or have i done something wrong? 

also wifi cannot be turned on

The WiFi thing is because you have the wrong kernel. The other issue I don't know, have you gone through all the setup so far?

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

The M8 is up and running and normal i guess!

I flashed The twrp with fastboot commands from my pc. I Then bought a 8gb sd Card for The phone. Put a Android revolution HD Rom on The Card. Put it in The phone and opened twrp on The phone. Flashed The Rom through twrp and starter up The phone with a stock Android looking Rom i suppose.. then Wi-Fi and The faster booting Thing didn't Work and The phone was slow and drained battery within 5 hours. I Then downloaded an app called "sunshine' which turned off The s-on to s-off (cost was 25 dollars for that btw) then i got an firmware.zip which matched my Android 4.4.4 kitkat Rom. I flashed The firmware with fastboot commands and ruu commands and No data or settings was lost During this last flash.. after that i used a 2month Old backup and that was it. My phone is now looking stock and running smooooooth with long battery Life and fast performance! Looking in The software Information on The phone it all looks like running stock on everything. My bootloader is still unlocked and The s is still s-off.. that i Can Live with.. as long as No major security risk is a problem. Took almost a whole week for me but it worked afterall
Thanks to all who helped or tried to. ✌