I wasted some money for a pointless website.

PixelPips

Well, a few days ago I was checking available domains (I've been stalking around looking for some cool domains) when I found out that http://itshammerti.me/ was avaliable. Today, I bought it and set up a more or less temporary page.

I'm pretty good at wasting time/money.

I might be wrong.

can't touch dis

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

Use grycat html5. Gif loads sooo long.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Use grycat html5. Gif loads sooo long.

That's odd, it shouldn't take so long. What browser are you using? I tested it on chrome at it loads within a second.

I might be wrong.

Needs ads in case it goes viral!

Fuck ads, I hate them. No site I've ever developed has ads, and no site I make ever will.

I might be wrong.

That's odd, it shouldn't take so long. What browser are you using? I tested it on chrome at it loads within a second.

It loads okay the second time first time it takes a while. Chrome, 100/100 internet.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

It loads okay the second time first time it takes a while. Chrome, 100/100 internet.

Hmm, I'll look into it. It might be requesting the same file over and over again from the server, instead of once and tiling it.

I might be wrong.

Would you mind sharing how much money?

THATS awesome. I'm a nerd too, as soon as I went on the site, I looked at all of the code.

So what? I wasted 25$ on some donor ranks in a Minecraft server instead of contributing to LTT...

Hate me, kill me with fire and kill me some more.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

i like this, i will share it to with others, its funny enough to share and care

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Fuck ads, I hate them. No site I've ever developed has ads, and no site I make ever will.

How you gonna make money off your website then?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

How do you even buy a domain?

There are like a billion places that sell them. Search if the domain name is taken, if it's not you can buy it. It's usually a monthly fee or yearly fee. The domain name then gets registered in all the DNS servers so people can visit that domain.

Popular registry service is GoDaddy. They sell basic domains for as low as a dollar. But that's usually only a first year deal and probably goes up to ~$10 a year after that. Although premium domains can easily be sold for $60,000+

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

There are like a billion places that sell them. Search if the domain name is taken, if it's not you can buy it. It's usually a monthly fee or yearly fee. The domain name then gets registered in all the DNS servers so people can visit that domain.

Popular registry service is GoDaddy. They sell basic domains for as low as a dollar. But that's usually only a first year deal and probably goes up to ~$10 a year after that. Although premium domains can easily be sold for $60,000+

What the hell kind of domain costs $60,000?

What the hell kind of domain costs $60,000?

It's hard to remember them, you sorta just ignore them. I think I saw one when buying my happybday.today domain. But you see expensive ones pop up from time too time. Currently merrychristmasgirl.com is up in the 20k range, as is things like sexygirlzz.com and isexygirl.com

You can see the pattern here on what makes a domain expensive 

EDIT: Oh, and there's always the sex.com one that ended up being sold for 13 million...

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Doesn't play the whole song :(

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Would you mind sharing how much money?

$11! With private whois registering from namecheap.

THATS awesome. I'm a nerd too, as soon as I went on the site, I looked at all of the code.

Hehe. Pretty simple code.

How you gonna make money off your website then?

With a donation button of course

:^)

>implying he wants to make money off this

If I want money, I'll get a job.

Doesn't play the whole song :(

I just wanted something that looped. Maybe I'll add the full song.

I might be wrong.

Fuck, why didn't I think of this when registering a .me domain. I've got haat.me ( hate me in dutch) ;p

// TODO: Update signature to include PC buid.

I just wanted something that looped. Maybe I'll add the full song.

Be careful so that you won't get any copyright lawsuits against you. As your code is right now, you can download the song right off of the server. If you decide to upload the full song, then maybe you should go with another solution that at least makes it a lot harder than it currently is to download the song.

If anyone still cares about this song's copyrights ;)

Great site btw, I will be sharing it to my friends. It kind of would fit here as well: http://www.theuselessweb.com/

Try getting it on there, it would get a lot more publicity! :)

Spoiler

System:

i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz, MSI Z77A-G43, Dominator Platinum 1600MHz 16GB (2x8GB), EVGA GTX 980ti 6GB, CM HAF XM, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB + Some WD Red HDD, Corsair RM850 80+ Gold, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Windows 10 Pro 64bit

PCPP:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/znZqcf

Be careful so that you won't get any copyright lawsuits against you. As your code is right now, you can download the song right off of the server. If you decide to upload the full song, then maybe you should go with another solution that at least makes it a lot harder than it currently is to download the song.

If anyone still cares about this song's copyrights ;)

Great site btw, I will be sharing it to my friends. It kind of would fit here as well: http://www.theuselessweb.com/

Try getting it on there, it would get a lot more publicity! :)

Yeah, that's true, don't want to get sued (although, not sure anybody will care).

I've actually submitted it to the useless web, still waiting to hear back though :/

I should probably add Google analysts so I can watch the traffic. Then again, I might just write a few lines of PHP to count the number of visitors.

I might be wrong.

Yeah, that's true, don't want to get sued (although, not sure anybody will care).

I've actually submitted it to the useless web, still waiting to hear back though :/

I should probably add Google analysts so I can watch the traffic. Then again, I might just write a few lines of PHP to count the number of visitors.

Nobody probably cares about that song anymore. The creators will probably just like that the song still gets publicity. But still, just giving you a heads up so you can think about it.

I'm sure they will accept it, it really fits the theme! :)

Great, I saw that you don't like having adds. Totally agree, wouldn't fit a site like that. But having a small donate button at the bottom corner of the page might generate some revenue? (Like someone else mentioned before) You never know, people for some reason donate to stuff they find hilarious. So just setting up a Paypal account and then putting a small button at the bottom of the page which won't bother anyone might give you something for your effort. Or not.. :)

Spoiler

System:

i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz, MSI Z77A-G43, Dominator Platinum 1600MHz 16GB (2x8GB), EVGA GTX 980ti 6GB, CM HAF XM, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB + Some WD Red HDD, Corsair RM850 80+ Gold, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Windows 10 Pro 64bit

PCPP:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/znZqcf