Do you need a DVI cable to overclock your monitor?

Mathue24

Do you need a DVI cable to overclock your monitor? or would it also work fine with HDMI?

I don't think so, but personally, I would use DVI for it. It's a nicer connector in pretty much every way. 

I don't think so, but personally, I would use DVI for it. It's a nicer connector in pretty much every way. 

What do you mean?

What do you mean?

DVI is nicer than HDMI IMO. Locking connectors, less flimsy and such. You should be fine with an HDMI cable though. 

YES MATE! I LOVE DVI SO FRIKKIN MUCH

DVI is nicer than HDMI IMO. Locking connectors, less flimsy and such. You should be fine with an HDMI cable though. 

Well, im choosing between a monitor that has a DVI, it has 1ms response time and it uses TN panel (6-bit color)

or

A monitor that doesnt have a DVI, it has 5ms response time and uses AH-IPS panel (8-bit color)

What would you choose?

Well, im choosing between a monitor that has a DVI, it has 1ms response time and it uses TN panel (6-bit color)

or

A monitor that doesnt have a DVI, it has 5ms response time and uses AH-IPS panel (8-bit color)

What would you choose?

I'd go for the IPS panel. DVI's nice, but IPS is nicer xD 

YES MATE! I LOVE DVI SO FRIKKIN MUCH

DisplayPort master race? :3

And yeah, you should be fine overclocking your monitor using HDMI. Just don't go overboard with it, causing damage to a panel because of overclocking it is not covered by the warranty if I remember right.

DisplayPort master race? :3

And yeah, you should be fine overclocking your monitor using HDMI. Just don't go overboard with it, causing damage to a panel because of overclocking it is not covered by the warranty if I remember right.

Would overclocking to 75Hz hurt my little darling?

Would overclocking to 75Hz hurt my little darling?

That would be as far as I would overclock it to. Much like with CPU's, it's a lottery for how far that you are able to take it.

Anyways, is there anymore people to comfirm that you can oveclock your monitor using a HDMI?

Anyways, is there anymore people to comfirm that you can oveclock your monitor using a HDMI?

As long as you aren't hitting bandwidth limits overclocking is independent of what cable you are using. You might see people recommending HDMI monitors for overclocking but that is just because as far as the Korean ones go (commonly overclocked) the controllers with HDMI only as an input tend to overclock better.