GTA V PC Port

HowToGaming

I'm not holding my breath. If there's money involved, I'm sure they'll find a way to completely and utterly mess it up in some way.

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

at this point I'm most concerned with that stupid denovo drm that puts extra wear on SSD's...  to the point of considering buying a cheap 60GB SSD just to put GTA V on it...

Linus said that it didn't matter. SSD's last way more than rated.

If you want I can find you a video of it.

They had so much time by now. It just has to work. 

MSI X99S SLI PLUS  // Intel Core i7-5960X Processor (8 x 3.0 GHz) // Corsair Hydro Series H80i Cooling // 32 GB DDR4 High End Crucial 2133 MHz RAM

2 x 4096 MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 //2 x 500 GB SATA III Samsung 840 EVO SSD // 4000 GB SATA III, 7200upm // 1000 Watt Silverstone Strider SS //Creative Sound Blaster Z

Cooler Master Cosmos II Big Tower (ATX)

at this point I'm most concerned with that stupid denovo drm that puts extra wear on SSD's...  to the point of considering buying a cheap 60GB SSD just to put GTA V on it...

Nope, that didn't happen.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

I was thinking about it but doesnt pre-order give us 1M starting money?

Probably, I don't even know. It's always something like that, I suppose.

I have to wonder what the value of that actually is. My past experience with such things is that they are very, very poorly balanced. Does starting you with a million of the game's currency break the starting experience, and make decisions about in-game purchases meaningless? On the other hand, is it like many other open-world games where money ends up so abundant as to be worthless?

In any case, there isn't much they could offer me to make me want to give up my right as a consumer to judge the game based on its release state.

Probably, I don't even know. It's always something like that, I suppose.

I have to wonder what the value of that actually is. My past experience with such things is that they are very, very poorly balanced. Does starting you with a million of the game's currency break the starting experience, and make decisions about in-game purchases meaningless? On the other hand, is it like many other open-world games where money ends up so abundant as to be worthless?

In any case, there isn't much they could offer me to make me want to give up my right as a consumer to judge the game based on its release state.

GTA 5 has many shopping options, there are cars worth over $600 000. Its not like Watch Dogs where money means nothing. U can customize your car, buy outfits etc. so that why i would like a million to start with my own character online , my own car and a garage.

And buying it early doesnt change a thing since as i said, only few % of people will purchase after they have seen the gameplay on PC.  Im not gonna wait just to please that small percentage of people. If my purchase made a difference then surely i would go in favour of PC gaming, but thats not happening for at least a couple of decades...

Holding off from purchasing pre-orders would make sense if there was a significant group of people on t hje internet with their own website fighting against pre-orders and bad PC ports. The group big enough to have influence on publishers. For example at least 100 biggest youtubers could fight this but then their videos could be taklen down etc. the system is so corrupted :'(

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

And buying it early doesnt change a thing since as i said, only few % of people will purchase after they have seen the gameplay on PC.  Im not gonna wait just to please that small percentage of people. If my purchase made a difference then surely i would go in favour of PC gaming, but thats not happening for at least a couple of decades...

Whether or not you pre-order has nothing to do with pleasing anyone else, or being part of a majority. It's just about protecting yourself from the backhanded business practices rampant among big-budget publishers. It makes sense not to pre-order anytime it's too risky to pay for a product solely on the word of the people directly benefitting from high [pre-order] sales figures. The only time where pre-ordering truly makes sense is when you're buying a commodity that may actually run out, which is virtually impossible with digital goods.

Whether or not you pre-order has nothing to do with pleasing anyone else, or being part of a majority. It's just about protecting yourself from the backhanded business practices rampant among big-budget publishers. It makes sense not to pre-order anytime it's too risky to pay for a product solely on the word of the people directly benefitting from high [pre-order] sales figures. The only time where pre-ordering truly makes sense is when you're buying a commodity that may actually run out, which is virtually impossible with digital goods.

Its subjective. I would buy game anyway. Im gonna repeat myself hoping u ubderstand my decision: the only thing stopping me from playing the game would be if it run at 15fps on my rig.

That is very unlikely and even if that was to happen they would have to fix it (same as ubishit fixed ac unity issues) otherwise they will get too much negative comments and complaints from customers.

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

The fact that they are taking there time eg 2 months of extra dev time for the pc port alone i feel it should be fine.. 

CPU: i7 5820k @4.4GHz | MoboMSI MPower X99A | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Quad Channel Corsair LP | GPU: EVGA 1080 FTW Case: Define R5 Black Window | OS: Win 10 Pro

Storage: SanDisk Ultra II 960GB 2x WD Red 4TB | PSU: EVGA 750W G2 | Display:Acer XF270HU + Dell U2515H | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE

Keyboard: Ducky One  TKL Browns | Mouse: Steel Series Rival 300 | Sound: DT990s

The fact that they are taking there time eg 2 months of extra dev time for the pc port alone i feel it should be fine..

Watch Dogs was delayed by six and a half months. At the time, it was lauded as a positive move that should result in a higher-quality product. Maybe it did, relatively speaking. :P

Its subjective. I would buy game anyway. Im gonna repeat myself hoping u ubderstand my decision: the only thing stopping me from playing the game would be if it run at 15fps on my rig.

That is very unlikely and even if that was to happen they would have to fix it (same as ubishit fixed ac unity issues) otherwise they will get too much negative comments and complaints from customers.

Like I said earlier, it's not my intent to tell you how to spend your money. I just think you're taking a crazy risk for a company that hasn't even earned the benefit of the doubt based on past behavior.

Watch Dogs was delayed by six and a half months. At the time, it was lauded as a positive move that should result in a higher-quality product. Maybe it did, relatively speaking. :P

Ubisoft are dead to me.. 

Hopefully rockstar wise up. 

CPU: i7 5820k @4.4GHz | MoboMSI MPower X99A | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Quad Channel Corsair LP | GPU: EVGA 1080 FTW Case: Define R5 Black Window | OS: Win 10 Pro

Storage: SanDisk Ultra II 960GB 2x WD Red 4TB | PSU: EVGA 750W G2 | Display:Acer XF270HU + Dell U2515H | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE

Keyboard: Ducky One  TKL Browns | Mouse: Steel Series Rival 300 | Sound: DT990s

Like I said earlier, it's not my intent to tell you how to spend your money. I just think you're taking a crazy risk for a company that hasn't even earned the benefit of the doubt based on past behavior.

Its a risk from your POV not mine. Im not that picky when it comes to games.

Risk would be buying the game that would not get any support after the launch. But there will be patches, dlcs a d other money milking strategies meaning there will have to be support for the game.

I dont understand why u see this purchase risky. Im surely gonna get my playtime out of that game, the game wont be broken to the point its unplayable. U are going little too sceptical on this game.. I dont remember the game that would be released unplayable without any fixing coming later on. Even pre-alpha versions nowadays can be played.

U come along as an extremist if u see a risk in this. Im not gonna lose my money nor waste it.

If they release the game buggy and then fix it later it means i will pay for the game sooner or later ANYWAY, makes no difference unless someone live "hand to mouth" life style and depends on that amount that he would pay for the game.

I dont understand why u see this purchase risky.

I should probably clarify: my policy is not to pre-order anything from any company*. I wouldn't even pre-order The Witcher 3, a game which is overwhelmingly likely to be solid, proper, working PC release made by a company that gives their DLC away for free and runs GOG. It's an issue of principle: I would never buy a product solely on the word of the people making it. That, by definition, is marketing hype. And if the marketing hype ends up being the truth, I'll buy the game on day one and regret nothing, having lost nothing of worth.

*I guess I'd make an exception if a game I was dying to own was available for like 50% off or more during the pre-order period. Then it might be worth it to me. :P

They might want just to get more money and go ubi style. But why than the delay? Lets just pray.

CPU: AMD FX 8350 | GPU: AMD R9 270 Windforce | MOBO: ASRock 990FX Extreme 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB | Case: X Predator X1 |CPU COOLER: Hyper T4

NAZIS WILL RISE.

Sadly, I could not resist, and joined the beta testing on the peasant hardware. The 30fps made me want to kill myself <3

I did too... 20-30FPS is SO choppy when gaming. Ewwww... It's fine if I'm watching a YouTube video, TV show, or movie though.. Definitely not enough frames for a game.

I am afraid that it will be a bad port that will run like shit, but Max Payne 3 turned out fine. Lets hope they do that well with GTA V as it's one of the better GTA's in terms of what you can do. :D

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Linus said that it didn't matter. SSD's last way more than rated.

If you want I can find you a video of it.

didn't he also say it writes something like 30gb of data in tiny pieces over a period of 40 mins?  I'd rather not risk my 480GB SSD... 60 gb ssd's are pretty cheap these days, and I'll repurpose it for a media pc after I'm done with GTAV

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

*I guess I'd make an exception if a game I was dying to own was available for like 50% off or more during the pre-order period. Then it might be worth it to me. :P

GTA V is my own exception in this case and i dont need a discount however getting one would be highly appreciated.

I only own about 5 paid games and ive had steam for over 5 years. I only buy a game if it fits my style and can be played for more than 6 months. Im one of people who play very few games but stick with them for years. I still play counter-strike and warcraft 3. So trust me, when im pre-ordering its not a nobrain action,its a worthwhile investment based on my own experience from previous GTAs that i have played (3, Vice City and SA)

Is it just me

Thanks for throwing this in so I knew to skip the rest of this pathetic self validation post. Is it just me? Really? Yep 6 billion people and this is your unique thought.

GTA IV was really buggy in the beginning, but after the seven updates it was fine. I still play it today and I am very happy with it. Considering the amount of time RockStar has before releasing it to PC, combined with the fact that porting from current consoles is much easier I really expect a nicely polished game. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

AFIK GTA IV's main problem was overutilization of the CPU, right? Or was it more than that?

when it comes i will liky sell my xbox so it better be good

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

Im scared too mainly because of DRM "lets fuck this game up" system.

Bugs actually play in GTAs favour, for example the bugged front of a building bug where u can fly inside the building and get behind textures. Youtubers had much fun playing with it.

are you talking about deruvo? Gtav isnt using that :)

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I have a strong feeling this is going to be absolutely terrible from day 0 and they won't do much to fix it just like with GTA4

You still got bad PC ports from a certain game dev company (*cough cough* Ubisoft)

But really, it wasn't the port that screwed those games, the games performed poorly even on console, they were just poorly coded at their base

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R