GTA V PC Port

HowToGaming

Is it just me, or is anyone else afraid it's going to end up like GTA IV (e.g: A crappy port)

It's looking good at the moment, but I've still got my concerns.

GTA V PC has the potential to become my game of the year (especially if it includes mod support) but I can't help but think of the possibility that they are going to screw up, since other companies are too (Keep On Diggin' Ubisoft :D)

Thoughts?

"My signature is in Comic Sans, and therefore I am cool" - Anonymous

CPU: i7 4790K @ 4.2 Cooler: Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 3 Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth x97 RAM: 16GB DDR3 Ram GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Superclocked SSD: 256GB SSD (OS) HDD: 1T 7200RPM Case:BitFenix Coloussus Venom Edition PSU:EVGA 850W Gold Fully Modular OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit

I'm really hoping that they're taking their time to make the port good. I am slightly worried, but I also have a feeling that they're going to do it right. I hope I'm not wrong xD 

nah so many console peasants beta tested it for a year and a half. its gonna be fine.

Sadly, I could not resist, and joined the beta testing on the peasant hardware. The 30fps made me want to kill myself <3

"My signature is in Comic Sans, and therefore I am cool" - Anonymous

CPU: i7 4790K @ 4.2 Cooler: Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 3 Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth x97 RAM: 16GB DDR3 Ram GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Superclocked SSD: 256GB SSD (OS) HDD: 1T 7200RPM Case:BitFenix Coloussus Venom Edition PSU:EVGA 850W Gold Fully Modular OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit

Yeah. Given their history with GTA IV and LA Noire, I'm not buying another Rockstar game unless it's heavily discounted. When it's being sold off for like £7, then I might consider it.

Please let them use mantle...

Interested in Business and Technology

Honestly, you shouldn't have nothing to worry about. 

GTAIV came during sort of a dry period of PC gaming before it started to pick up again. Developers care more about the platform now than they did back then. 

I am not.

The release for PC shows that they are interested in PC gamers. And the delay shows that they are willing to release it when it's "perfect".

At least, that what I think.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Honestly, you shouldn't have nothing to worry about. 

GTAIV came during sort of a dry period of PC gaming before it started to pick up again. Developers care more about the platform now than they did back then. 

You still got bad PC ports from a certain game dev company (*cough cough* Ubisoft)

Life.exe is missing

They did an alright job with Max Payne 3.

That wasn't really a port, though.

MP3 had been developed separately from consoles.

I hope they do at least just as well with GTA V.

rm -rf /

They did an alright job with Max Payne 3.

That wasn't really a port, though.

MP3 had been developed separately from consoles.

I hope they do at least just as well with GTA V.

I still had tons of stuttering in MP3 on a 2GB card but I think it was probably due to my AMD CPU. I could not play the game perfectly so I just left it alone. Will try it again when my Intel platform arrives next week.

Thoughts?

Don't pre-order. Ever, really. But definitely not when a game is as questionable as a GTA title.

We'll be able to tell objectively how good the port is and whether the quality is worth the money after it's out. That's really all we can do.

Im scared too mainly because of DRM "lets fuck this game up" system.

Bugs actually play in GTAs favour, for example the bugged front of a building bug where u can fly inside the building and get behind textures. Youtubers had much fun playing with it.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Don't pre-order. Ever, really. But definitely not when a game is as questionable as a GTA title.

We'll be able to tell objectively how good the port is and whether the quality is worth the money after it's out. That's really all we can do.

If whole pc GTA community did this, that would be great. But maybe 10 out of 1000 will.

Im one of die hard fans when it comes to GTA and no matter how bad the port will be, I'll pre-order because its the game ive been waiting for for so long. Last time i played GTA it was SA and ppl talked shit about it but when i played it i enjoyed it and didnt notice any problems, just resolution.

So unless the game has no faces and runs at 15 fps on my rig, i can not not buy it.

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

at this point I'm most concerned with that stupid denovo drm that puts extra wear on SSD's...  to the point of considering buying a cheap 60GB SSD just to put GTA V on it...

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

Im one of die hard fans when it comes to GTA and no matter how bad the port will be, I'll pre-order because its the game ive been waiting for for so long.

You can do as you want, of course, but I'm curious: if you just bought it on launch day, what would you miss out on? You have to wait the same amount of time regardless, don't you?

You can do as you want, of course, but I'm curious: if you just bought it on launch day, what would you miss out on? You have to wait the same amount of time regardless, don't you?

I was thinking about it but doesnt pre-order give us 1M starting money?

I hope no 30fps cap

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

It's using the same engine as Max Payne 3 right? If so we don't need to worry considering Max Payne 3 was a good pc port. Though Max Payne 3 had pretty high system requirements.

"Graphics and gameplay are not mutually exclusive."

"Nvidia, AMD, Intel, or whatever company out there has only one end goal and that is PROFIT.

If you think these companies exist for any other reason you're gonna be disappointed my dear. CAVEAT EMPTOR"

From where I'm sitting it doesn't look that pretty. I've seen nothing that proves that it will be a good PC port. And if history has shown anything it's that Rockstart games on PC are badly made. With the exception of Max Payne 3(that was made by a different studio) every Rockstar game since GTA3 on PC has been a bad port.

I would not get my hopes up.