Is keeping the same colors in your PC important to you?

Evernbro

Considering I bought a case with a window, it matters to me.

If it didn't I would've bought a windowless case.

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

A little bit yes, but symmetry is more important to me, like when peeps have multi GPU setups and mismatching cards...........it just gets my OCD itching, parts can be painted relatively cheap to match anyway

Ofcourse, thats why I call my build "Retarded little fuck" Because it's colors aren't matching each others, I will soon get an H440 Black/Red and just migrate these parts to there.

You're reading this. Why are you reading this?

I will never install a part that royally clashes no matter how good the performance is. (a certain gaudy gold graphics card with blue pcb comes to mind). Things don't have to be perfect, but if something sticks out too much, it really hurts me in the OCD.

I am pretty much completely colour blind so I don't worry about it at all. 

YES. Colors must match or I will not buy the part. I know, it's stupid, but that's just how my brain works.

I was exactly the same. If there is a window in my PC it needs to be pretty and I need to have a color themed build so I went for red and black. I don't care if it's less performant, I'm a stylish person and it needs to look good.

There aren't a lot of black and orange builds going about. I like my PC to be a bit of a show rig while still be a gaming rig. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

I'd like to think it is, but my computer is basically a rainbow at this point

Well meow i know what i want to do when i have money for my next build, the insides just in 7 different colours in strips down the sides, mazing idea dude

Blue! Blue everywhere! (and brown motherboard... Damn) I think colored LED are too much tho, white is the way to go.

Case : Corsiar Air 540 CPU : Intel i5 8600k GPU : Asus Nvidia 970 DirectCUII RAM : 16gb DDR4 MB : ASUS Prime z370-p PSU : OCZ Modxtreme 700w SSD : Samsung 840 EVO 250gb 

With the kind of money I have (not a lot) I wouldn't pay extra for something like that. I absolutely see the appeal though, and if money wasn't an issue I'd definitely pay the extra to have a good looking PC. Obviously if two similar parts in different colours were the same price I would go with the one that matched everything else.

Yes, I am planning on getting a new motherboard, fans, case panel, and gpu(s) for the sake of color matchiNg

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

I sometimes don't like having a side panel window as I can't get the best performing stuff and make it look good at the same time all of the time.

If I have a side panel window though, I need my sexy colors  :D

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

For the most part, yes. Red LEDs on my mobo, silver, black, and red on my GPU, red accents on mobo, and (when I get a HUE) I'll have the LEDs on red or white.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Not initially. When I just wanted a gaming pc with the cheapest parts I could get, I didn't really care what colours where going in there. Eventually when money wasn't the main factor, I could then, really think about getting certain colour schemes.

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

I guess it must be, I have one black/red computer and one custom painted black/green computer.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

I care. I'm willing to pay a little more for a component that matches better with my system. Form or function? I'll take an extra large serving of both please.

Ofcourse not. During a gaming session I will not suddenly look through my case window (If i had one) going "OMG THAT LOOKS SO GOOOOOOD".

I do

Thank you.

Wardojack.

Yes, if the build is a sterile and ordered one. For example in my C70 I'm not really bothered about OCD colour matching, as long as it looks good.

Thank you.

Wardojack.

I'd much rather someone look at my PC and see a monster than a barbie doll. 

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

It does to me. I don not claim to have OCD, but if the colors don't match I will get annoyed.

But only because my case has a window, and it matters only if the colors don't match at all, say mobo is black, RAM blue, cables green

My setup is mostly black and white and it looks cool.

So, yeah, colors are important if you can see the insides.

Just wondering about you opinion

yea if it was cool i''''d be like HEY.....  HEY YOU .....COME LOOK AT MY FRICKEN CASE YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi friend.Who are you?

I mean sure it doesnt really matter, but it is something I'm putting my name too. If I didn't care I probably wouldnt build my own PC in the first place. Isn't customization a big reason behind building your PC?

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 73.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Motherboard: MSI Z97-GAMING 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB TWIN FROZR Video Card

Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

I try to keep things coordinated, but I won't pay a premium for it. ;)

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5