Android 5.0 Lollipop very buggy on older Nexus devices, makes 2012 Nexus 7 unusable

The long-awaited update to Android 5.0 Lollipop came to a lot of old Nexus devices, including the Nexus 4, Nexus 10 and even the 2012 Nexus 7.

However, many users (including a relative of mine with a Nexus 7 2012) have reported that the update brings many bugs and issues with the Wi-Fi connection, the performance of the device and many others. Many owners of the device (including my relative and people on Google's product forums) can confirm that these problems are particularly bad with the Nexus 7 2012, making it basically unusable, with wake-up-from-sleep times being 5-10 seconds long (confirmed by my relative) and even screen rotate lagging severely.

original sources: http://www.latinpost.com/articles/26379/20141124/android-l-5-0-lollipop-update-bugs-worry-users-especially.htm

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/nexus/to2BHjmhh-I[1-25-false]

I hope my device gets Android 5.0 it's rather new :3

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

I only know many apps stop working after I install Lollipop on the Shield tablet. 

Well my nexus 7 is fine so i don't know what they're talking about. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Interesting. The first ever unofficial nightly of CM12 (for my phone) is almost flawless for me I have been using it for 2 days now.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

I am thinking about of flashing back to 4.4.4

Could see only disimprovements except of a little bit less energy consumption in stand-by on my NEXUS 7 13

The long-awaited update to Android 5.0 Lollipop came to a lot of old Nexus devices, including the Nexus 4, Nexus 10 and even the 2012 Nexus 7.

However, many users (including a relative of mine with a Nexus 7 2012) have reported that the update brings many bugs and issues with the Wi-Fi connection, the performance of the device and many others. Many owners of the device (including my relative and people on Google's product forums) can confirm that these problems are particularly bad with the Nexus 7 2012, making it basically unusable, with wake-up-from-sleep times being 5-10 seconds long (confirmed by my relative) and even screen rotate lagging severely.

original sources: http://www.latinpost.com/articles/26379/20141124/android-l-5-0-lollipop-update-bugs-worry-users-especially.htm

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/nexus/to2BHjmhh-I[1-25-false]

Wait is this OTA? 

or did you flash? 

"Use the force Harry" 

-Gandalf

My NEXUS 4 works preaty well, no bugs, just one bug. When you close recent apps and check it after 10-15 seconds there can be something that is not running, but it's in recent apps. 

Lolipop feels much faster then previous version, battery saver is good, i have flashed ROM with Nexus 5 & 6 features. ambient display, google now launcher as default etc.

20 minutes ago flashed BLACK THEME and it's beautiful.  Also i have enabled 4G LTE chip, and system is prepared for root, just needs latest SuperSU (i am waiting for good/full version)

ac2d33e6764d.jpg

2e51edf75b22.png

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

Well my nexus 7 is fine so i don't know what they're talking about. 

Likewise.

Also my battery life has been extended a ridiculous amount

Wait is this OTA? 

or did you flash? 

It's the OTA that my relative used, she did it herself and she does not know what flashing means :D I still have my Nexus 7 2013 on 4.4.4 and I don't know why it still hasn't received the update yet. I am not sure I want to update it after this though. I will probably hold off until more feedback comes or some fix that works appears

Have it on my Nexus 4, not my daily driver anymore but the little I have tinkered with it after 5.0 got installed it seems both fast, smooth and solid

Ryzen 7 5800X     Corsair H115i Platinum     ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)     G.Skill Trident Z 3600CL16 (@3800MHzCL16 and other tweaked timings)     

MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio    Corsair HX850     WD Black SN850 1TB     Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB     Samsung 840 EVO 500GB     Acer XB271HU 27" 1440p 165hz G-Sync     ASUS ProArt PA278QV     LG C8 55"     Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Glass     Logitech G915      Logitech MX Vertical      Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless 2019      Windows 10 Pro x64

Its great for me. except facebook, but that app is sucky

Battery life is great

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

The two Nexus 7 (2012s) I've installed it on run... fine, it's still pretty slow due to the crap flash memory.

The Nexus 4 I've installed it on runs fantastic, Dad loves it.

And my N5 is flawless so far.

It's the OTA that my relative used, she did it herself and she does not know what flashing means :D I still have my Nexus 7 2013 on 4.4.4 and I don't know why it still hasn't received the update yet. I am not sure I want to update it after this though. I will probably hold off until more feedback comes or some fix that works appears

That's surprising, same my 2013 has not got the update though..apparently the ones who flashed had a video playback bug: http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/11/16/some-nexus-7-2013-units-are-having-video-playback-issues-after-updating-to-lollipop/

"Use the force Harry" 

-Gandalf

Lollipop has been running like a dream on both my Nexus 9 (16GB WiFi) and my Nexus 5 (16GB)

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

I really like 5.0 on the Nexus 5, but now that Xposed doesn't work I may flash back...

- i7-2600k @ 4.7GHz - MSI 1070 8GB Gaming X - ASUS Maximus V Formula AC3 Edition - 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws @ 1600Mhz - Corsair RM1000 - 1TB 7200RPM Seagate HDD + 2TB 7200 HDD + 2x240GB M500 RAID 0 - Corsair 750D - Samsung PX2370 & ASUS ROG SWIFT -

Its great for me. except facebook, but that app is sucky

Battery life is great

Yeah fb/messenger and whatsapp really don't like art, sucks it's still the case even after receiving a few updates to support art since kitkat.

on my 2013 N7 its alright, ive had a couple screen bugs where it would lock the screen for no reason or it would flash the lock screen for a second

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I've been having a problem with netflix where the video would randomly stutter. It's the only app that does it. I have a 16gb Nexus 7 2012.

CPU Intel i7 2600k @ 4.6ghz + CM hyper 212 evo Motherboard Gigabyte RAM 8gb GPU Nvidia GTX 670 Case Antec Nine Hundred Storage Samsung 840 SSD PSU Antec 650w Display Asus 144hz + 16:10 Samsung for coding Keyboard Microsoft Mouse Steelseries Sensei Raw Sound Sennheiser HD555

loving it on my nexus 5.. but i tried to sideload it on my n7 2012 and i bricked it :( 

Intel i5 4670K | Asus z97 Deluxe | MSI GTX 1060 (6GB) | 16GB Corsair Vengeance |

120GB Samsung EVO - 480GB OCZ Solid III - 1.5TB Seagate Barracuda  | Corsair AX760

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate | Razer Ouroboros

I don't have any issues with the new OS. I don't know if it's just me that I can't see the issues or my nexus doesn't have any.

I only know many apps stop working after I install Lollipop on the Shield tablet. 

That's most likely because of android runtime, and the apps not being properly updated

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

Runs like a dream on my nvidia shield tablet. I just can't mess around with power saver modes like the old one. Could just be me though.

PSU AX850 Processor 3930k @ 4.2  Motherboard Asus x79 Sabertooth Ram Gskill Ripjaw Z 32gb 2133Mhz GPU EVGA GTX 780 reference HDD 128gb Samsung 840 Pro Monitor Asus pb278q Case 800d Cooler H100i Audio Interface Mbox mini Monitors JBL LSR305's