Which key switch?

killerdann12

So I'm currently using cherry blues. I don't like these, it's loud and too light I accidently press wrong buttons by accident.

Any recommendtions for heavier and quite switches?

Either you're master race or you're not.

Cherry MX Greens are heavier but I don't know about noise.

So I'm currently using cherry blues. I don't like these, it's loud and too light I accidently press wrong buttons by accident.

Any recommendtions for heavier and quite switches?

cherry mx white/clear they are like browns but heavier

blacks

green = heavier blues

black = heavier red

browns are somewhere inbetween

whites idk

reds are probably the best for gaming but they are weak and I push the wrong key all the time so if that really bothers you get the blacks. 

Browns and clear are pretty much the only option if you want tactile switches that are heavy and not loud, there are greens but are basically just much heavier blues.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

cherry mx white/clear they are like browns but heavier

Whites aren't actually heavier than browns. They are lighter blues. It's greys and clears that are heavier than browns. :)

Clears are like browns, however they have a much heavier click and greys more so than clears. Whites have a click, like blues, but it is much softer. 

If you're wanting something heavier, but with no click, grab a keyboard with clears. Though you will need to go hunting for a board with them. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Whites aren't actually heavier than browns. They are lighter blues. It's greys and clears that are heavier than browns. :)

Clears are like browns, however they have a much heavier click and greys more so than clears. Whites have a click, like blues, but it is much softer.

If you're wanting something heavier, but with no click, grab a keyboard with clears. Though you will need to go hunting for a board with them.

So clears are quite-ist?

So clears are quite-ist?

Check mate, quiteists. First of all, it's spelled the most quiet. And the second thing - you can always get O-rings.

So clears are quite-ist?

Clears are quiet, just heavier. They sound about the same as browns. And as @Tafel_Kafel said, you can get O-Rings that will only dampen the sound more. 

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Check mate, quiteists. First of all, it's spelled the most quiet. And the second thing - you can always get O-rings.

I type the way I talk, which is not standard English. So don't make fun of me!!!! QQ , xD

So general consensus is browns, and clears for more heavier clicks

What?

z0iCr.jpg

As someone who prefers heavy switches, I'd look for a board with blacks or clears for something quiet.

I don't mind clicky, so I quite enjoy my QFR with greens. 

I just built a board using tactile greys which I would recommend except I'm not aware of anyone that actually sells a keyboard with them.

main(i){for(;i<101;i++)printf("Fizz\n\0Fizzz\bBuzz\n\0%d\n"+(!(i%5)^!!(i%3)*3)*6,i);}

What?

As someone who prefers heavy switches, I'd look for a board with blacks or clears for something quiet.

I don't mind clicky, so I quite enjoy my QFR with greens. 

I just built a board using tactile greys which I would recommend except I'm not aware of anyone that actually sells a keyboard with them.

Feeling the white switch on the test pad I have, it always gave me the impression that it was very soft. Must have been an effect of the soft click. Sorry, my bad.