Valve(Steam), Change to tradability of steam gifts and all new games are region locked by default

zechs21

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/SteamGameSwap/comments/2nbqui/psa_change_to_tradability_of_gifts/

All games purchased as a gift and placed in the purchaser's inventory will be untradable for 30 days. The gift may still be gifted at any time. The only change is to trading.

We've made this change to make trading gifts a better experience for those receiving the gifts. We're hoping this lowers the number of people who trade for a game only to have the game revoked later due to issues with the purchaser's payment method.

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/SteamGameSwap/comments/2nd85i/psa_all_new_games_are_region_locked_by_default/

Check the Feature, All New Releases and Popular new releases tabs on Steam homepage, you'll see that most if not all these games have "Allowcrossregiontradingandgift = No" (there's no regional restriction notice on these game's store page, check on Steamdb), even craps and indies that no one cares about are locked. I heard from someone that from now on, all new games will be region locked this way by default, devs and publishers can remove the lock if they want to.

Is there a more official source on the 'region locked for trading' piece? Also, where am I supposed to be looking for this "Allowcrossregiontradingandgift = No" ?

As for the 30-day untradable thing, I guess that's good and bad. It kinda sucks for somebody who does a lot of trading, but apparently it'll help stop people from being scammed. Still, a 30-day period to ensure the original buyer didn't use a bogus payment method seems a little long...

Is there a more official source on the 'region locked for trading' piece? Also, where am I supposed to be looking for this "Allowcrossregiontradingandgift = No" ?

As for the 30-day untradable thing, I guess that's good and bad. It kinda sucks for somebody who does a lot of trading, but apparently it'll help stop people from being scammed. Still, a 30-day period to ensure the original buyer didn't use a bogus payment method seems a little long...

Sorry not really good in english.

For me I usually check the store page and add the game to cart, when checkout you will usually see red text like this in new releases or upcoming games. Like csgo, not only region locked but cross region trading locked.

IZNaANu.jpg

There are some ways to check game, like adding steam extension and checking steamdb.

For scam, there will be tons of scam because of this changes, we usually trade using the trade window, now you can't use trade window since the game is not tradable(only giftable). In steam trading, people usually pay tf2 keys, dota 2 treasure keys, csgo keys as they are consider steam currency. 

And yes your correct, this is probably valves protection against fraud, so many carded games last few months.