The Crew will not have pre-release reviews, says Ubisoft

IdortMasterRace

What has this got to do with consoles? The fuck?

You realise Ubisoft games are utter shit on consoles too, right? You realise you're not in some secret niche PC club, right?

The console gamers don't care enough...

Yes, some console gamers realize that ACU has issues, but a majority don't. I have plenty of friends and acquaintances, fucking hundreds that I have had to tell not to get the game because of it's issues. And they didn't know. They almost gave the shittiest developer at the moment $60 of their hard-earned money.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

probably going to get flamed to hell in here but, it fucking make sense, the crew is an ONLINE MMO racing game, the game was designed to be always online it would be fucking stupid to set up private servers for reviewers, this is one of the biggest issues BF4 had on launch, it had good reviews but it was for nothing because it was played privately it wasn't equal to real world usage, same thing with sim city, and more recently with driveclub on PS4 and we all know what happened next

in my opinion for ONCE in the whole bloody year, ubisoft DID THE RIGHT THING TO DO, if the allowed reviews in private servers it would have been worse for everyone, im all for having post release reviews that having fake reviews because the game wasn't played in the same conditions that normal user would also good luck pirating an MMO btw

I agree to a certain extent because some sites (eg Eurogamer for the COD AW review) don't score the game until they've played the multiplayer for a bit. But it would be nice to know about the handling, menus, sound effects, graphics etc beforehand.

I agree to a certain extent because some sites (eg Eurogamer for the COD AW review) don't score the game until they've played the multiplayer for a bit. But it would be nice to know about the handling, menus, sound effects, graphics etc beforehand.

that could work, expect this game doesn't work without servers where at least cod and the games i mentioned have a single player portion, though i expect this game to be need for speed on steroids with some of ubi open world shenanigans, (and it sounds interesting for me tbh) like the bloody towers to unlock portions of the map

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

I'll just wait until TotalBiscuit releases his WTF video on it.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch