Valve updates rule for gifts in attempt to limit revoked keys

Except I use this to buy games for my friends for christmas.

Going to be amazing this year hang on boys we can't play together when I bought a game on sale and didn't send it to you immediately because I have to wait 30 days.

Now I buy the game on christmas eve and hope the store works or send it to them early which runs the fun. Good job valve.

Yeah you might just wanna go to a store and get em some cheapo gift cards or paypal money transfer, but I assume they'd get screwed in several cases of regional pricing which is Valve's point with this: Bend over to Activision they need their 40 fucking percent markup for this holidays!

-------

Current Rig

-------

Except I use this to buy games for my friends for christmas.

Going to be amazing this year hang on boys we can't play together when I bought a game on sale and didn't send it to you immediately because I have to wait 30 days.

Now I buy the game on christmas eve and hope the store works or send it to them early which runs the fun. Good job valve.

You can still gift to your friends, this only effects TRADING, not gifting

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Yeah you might just wanna go to a store and get em some cheapo gift cards or paypal money transfer, but I assume they'd get screwed in several cases of regional pricing which is Valve's point with this: Bend over to Activision they need their 40 fucking percent markup for this holidays!

So I'm reading more into this and it seems I can use the gifting feature to send it at any time.

But then how is this going to stop gift sellers anyway they will just use the gifting feature instead. This is just unnecessary rule making that does nothing but make it more of a pain in the arse for the people who genuinely use the service. Go Valve! Go Innovation!

You can still gift to your friends, this only effects TRADING, not gifting

I had just read that bit an to be honest I still think its a dumb change.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

The title is what it is. Also I gave a clear idea of what the topic in the article was about. Sensationalism? No. I truly do think some users are going to be upset about this. If you think not you are clueless.

Oh ... and I notice it is the same people complaining about my other posts now complaining about what I shared here. LOL! Troll on.

Well, that did not take long...

All I was asking was a simple reformat of the OP and title, and you call me a troll? Brilliant move...

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

But then how is this going to stop gift sellers anyway they will just use the gifting feature instead.

It takes it out of Steams hands, if you sell it privately, and not through the built in trade system, that is your responsibility

For example selling through ebay, but conducting the payment via bank transfer instead of paypal,  you have no protection

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Well, that did not take long...

All I was asking was a simple reformat of the OP and title, and you call me a troll? Brilliant move...

Sorry but based on other posts you have made in response to other things I have posted it is not surprising I responded this way.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

It takes it out of Steams hands, if you sell it privately, and not through the built in trade system, that is your responsibility

For example selling through ebay, but conducting the payment via bank transfer instead of paypal,  you have no protection

Yes but key/gift sellers already do this and most of them support paypal. Gift sellers will just rework the methods they have been using already and the rest of us get awkward barriers put in place.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Yes but key/gift sellers already do this and most of them support paypal. Gift sellers will just rework the methods they have been using already and the rest of us get awkward barriers put in place.

Thats true, what valve want to do, is take the responsibility out of their hands, if you choose to do it that way, then its your loss, as they have a system in place to protect you

They are trying to stop scammers not piss off regular users, I doubt gift trading effects many people, and should help stop scamming, it must have been a big enough issue for valve to do anything.. they literally never change things unless they have to

OP didn't even read his own bloody source. Its a nonissue for normal people. But the title is sensationalist and so is the content, which isn't even properly formatted. OP just wants a WAN Show shoutout it seems. 

news.jpg

Welcome to Tech News and Reviews, where the reviews don't exist and the tech news is actually gaming news which is actually sensationalized opinions thinly disguised as false outrage. 

Did I describe it well enough? I think I did.

Thats true, what valve want to do, is take the responsibility out of their hands, if you choose to do it that way, then its your loss, as they have a system in place to protect you

Except whenever I have looked to valve for support on any matter I have never gotten help. But since I'll still be able to gift my presents this year I'm not really to interested anymore in policy change but to me its showing just another valve trying to gain even more control on what you can do with software licenses you have paid for and is just another reminder to keep an eye on everything valve does.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Except whenever I have looked to valve for support on any matter I have never gotten help. But since I'll still be able to gift my presents this year I'm not really to interested anymore in policy change but to me its showing just another valve trying to gain even more control on what you can do with software licenses you have paid for and is just another reminder to keep an eye on everything valve does.

Yeah their support sucks, they are just basically making this system so they dont have to bother implementing a more secure payment method and it will cut down on abuse, or at least cut down on abuse they have to directly deal with

I still like the platform though

OP didn't even read his own bloody source. Its a nonissue for normal people. But the title is sensationalist and so is the content, which isn't even properly formatted. OP just wants a WAN Show shoutout it seems. 

Welcome to Tech News and Reviews, where the reviews don't exist and the tech news is actually gaming news which is actually sensationalized opinions thinly disguised as false outrage. 

Depends on the thread generally.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Gues G2A is going to die after this...

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

It is situations like this where I want the Tech News thread posts to be peer reviewed by the moderators or at least somebody before actual submission.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-11-25-valve-updates-gift-rules-to-limit-steam-key-sellers

I can only say: Good job, Valve, but you should have done this sooner.

Can you change that font colour in the quotes? That orange is really harsh on the eyes and hard to read using the normal (and presumably far more popular) white/grey LTT theme.

Probably looks great for the Night-Theme users tho :P

Anyway on topic: Hmm, well, it seems like this is a good move. It shouldn't affect sites like Green Man Gaming or the like. Only individual scammers, and the less legitimate Steam Key "Resellers". I see no problem with this given the current information.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I like that you highlighted parts of the text. This should become a new standard in longer news articles :)

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450