Which 4k Monitor is better for gaming

Matt255

I'd consider getting a 1440p monitor... Theyre cheaper and it will give you a better experience with dual 970's. 4k for gaming is kinda unreasonable with current hardware imo.

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

I just received my PB287Q today, if you're looking for a 4K monitor I would highly recommend the PB287Q. For a TN panel this monitor is excellent imo. You will also have a better response time gtg of 1ms on the Asus compared to 5ms on the Planar, providing the Planar is measured in gtg.

This monitor also has an excellent range of adjustments to fit your preferences.

Be awesome to each other.

Twitch: Necrophobias

I'd definitely pick the Acer G-Sync one. It is currently the best option for 4K imo. G-Sync really shines when it comes to 4K.

SimRacer - Casual FSX Pilot!

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

Acer g sync. At that resolution two 970s won't provide great fps. You'll want the g sync to remove the terrible tearing you'll run into. I went with 1440p myself with two 780Tis. 4k is too early for gpus still.

Thrive on change. Embrace volatility.