Amd CPU stuck at 1400 mhz

SImoHayha
Go to solution Solved by SImoHayha,

Ok I fixed it the bloody ASUS EPU was screwing with stuff................ changed it to auto and and selecting non on Vcore downgrade now everything is back to normal thanks for helping guys.

So here is the deal ok, So i was playing advanced warfare earlier and decided to overclock my GPU ( R9 270 ) during the campaign using MSI AfterBurner. To see if there was any speed up so I did then after beating it. I decided to do some GPU AMD overclocking ( Refresh Rate  )  thing for my TV thinking that it would work which it didn't so after a couple of resets in order to boot into safe mode forgot it was F5 so i kept resetting. Until one of the keys worked, changed the resolution back and now I decided to play my Kingdom Hearts Final Mix II on a emulator which I did so but i noticed something strange that the FPS were extremely low so I checked using Asus Suite II and checked that all of my cores are running at 14XX Mhz which shouldn't be because I did a minor overclock on my CPU which is the FX-6300 @ 3.5 Mhz Stock then overclocked it to 3.8 Mhz. Now I tried rebooting again which it didn't work I went into the power settings and changed some things and it's still not at 3.8 Mhz The Vcore is roughly 1.2xx I know that for sure.   Am not sure what the hell is going on so am flipping out and stressing out that I broke something.     Can anyone give me any advice ?!

Edited by Ramamataz

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

@ramamatz That was a little hard to follow. Do you know how to clear cmos? Or reset bios to default? Try that first. There are several way to do it.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

3.8MHz, eh? Sure you're not on an 8086?

I kid, It sounds like you have a clock problem, use CPU-z to confirm your processor speed.

Um yes I do know how to clear the BIOS I believe I should just go into the bios and select run optimized settings yes ?

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Um yes I do know how to clear the BIOS I believe I should just go into the bios and select run optimized settings yes ?

Yes. Reset the CMOS if it doesn't work.

Ok loaded optimized settings. I went onto the CPU-Z thing and here is what it is giving me

Clocks ( Core #0)

Core speed ( 1404.6 Mhz )

Bus speed ( 200.7 Mhz )

Rated FSB  ( 2407. 9 Mhz )

Ok I have school tomorrow So I'll try that. However am still wondering why my CPU is throttling it's self and no I haven't updated the BIOS could that be a reason ?

Sorry man can't quite follow what has happened here.. Just wipe the bios and start again.. If you can't remember the settings you had or don't have them backed up.. Just hit load optimised defaults and work from there...  

The frequencies you just posted look like your CPU was idling. Put the CPU under load and then look at the frequency readings.

If your CPU is throttling itself, look at your temps.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

The frequencies you just posted look like your CPU was idling. Put the CPU under load and then look at the frequency readings. If your CPU is throttling itself, look at your temps.

Ok well I just did a test of playing a small/quick mission on advanced warfare and booted up the emulator again using both AI suite and CPU-Z it still gave me the same speed  however on AI suite it said that the CPU cores were being 99 - 89% used for nearly all of them.

go into the TurboV evo, and give me your core multiplier.

Uh is this it?  200.0 x & 7.0

also after looking at the TurboV EVO it says my CPU voltage is 1.16  which seems to be extremely low....

Also checking windows it says my processor speed is 3.5 mhz and so does my TurboV evo but on the cpu frequency it says 1400 mhz.

The default speed for a 6300 is 3.3GHz@1.3v. Your CPU ratio should be 16.5

-

Can you please edit your title? Your problem isn't more urgent than any other people's problems, and the title in all caps just make people not want to help you before even clicking the thread.

Can you please edit your title? Your problem isn't more urgent than any other people's problems, and the title in all caps just make people not want to help you before even clicking the thread.

Sorry...how do I do that exactly ?

The default speed for a 6300 is 3.3GHz@1.3v. Your CPU ratio should be 16.5

Does it matter if i have the black edition ?

Sorry...how do I do that exactly ?

It's ok. I can imagine wanting quick solutions, but this is going to have an adverse effect.

To edit your title, click "edit" on the post and then once editing, select "Use Full Editor".

There, you can edit your topic title.  :)

Now, to get on-topic. Can you use a tool such as Speedfan or Speccy to get your CPU temperatures? I suspect it is throttling due to heat.

Does it matter if i have the black edition ?

Oh, my mistake, the default speed of a 6300 is 3.5GHz. so a ratio of 17.5

It's ok. I can imagine wanting quick solutions, but this is going to have an adverse effect.

To edit your title, click "edit" on the post and then once editing, select "Use Full Editor".

There, you can edit your topic title.  :)

Now, to get on-topic. Can you use a tool such as Speedfan or Speccy to get your CPU temperatures? I suspect it is throttling due to heat.

On Idle right now its at 30 C

Ok I fixed it the bloody ASUS EPU was screwing with stuff................ changed it to auto and and selecting non on Vcore downgrade now everything is back to normal thanks for helping guys.

Glad you solved it. And yes, the title as is now is a lot better!  :)