Upgrade time?

Realized I posted in the wrong board, posting it here to see what you all think...

Alright so, question for you awesome folk.

Currently I am running the following:

Intel Core i7 950 1366 X58 Chipset CPU

ASUS Republic Of Gamers Rampage III Extreme

Corsair Dominator GHX 16Gig kit (clocked at 1600, I believe) DDR3

GIGABYTE G1 GTX 980 (replaced my Gigabyte GTX 480)

Intel Speed Demon 120G SSD

Two random storage drives (they are old as the hills.... like 2008...)

Antec TrueWatt 850W PSU (Yellow Racing stripes and all)

Antec DF-85 Full Tower.

SO, here is my question, being that my CPU is from the X58 line which is first gen i7, I am thinking it is about that time to upgrade.... I recently installed the SSD for my OS and such.... However im still really concerned because I still seem to be having some issues... sometimes my OS runs slow or it takes 15 - 20 seconds to load some things, and youtube videos even are crappy at times. Game wise I lag sometimes in high particle fights in WoW, and my benchmark isnt ridiculously high... Do you think this system has run its course? Upgrading isn't a problem, I get parts at cost from the repair shop I work at... Basically im wondering if either of you might have some inclination as to the direction I should go in whether it be new or salvage...

If new, I have some conditions I want to meet if possible with your assistance:

1.) If I am spending the money upgrading the REST of my system, then I am going with the new Haswell-E enthusiast chipset. Likely a Rampage VI Extreme because I havent had issues with the board, and it has served me well and I like the product line.
2.) Case wise im thinking of going with a Corsair 900D. It's very spacious and if im upgrading, im going watercooling.
3.) Im a staunch supporter of Corsair and obviously Intel, so for SSD and Ram, thats what I will be going with.

Knowing this in mind, opinions? would really love some feedback and general ideas.

Thanks muchly in advanced :)

What is your budget and what do you plan on doing on this computer? 

No budget really, like I said my work lets me order at cost, and I can pay stuff off over time. So im really not concerned with it. If its a new build, im going water cooling

Well, since you have no budget....either i7 4790k on the z97 platform, or go for the x99 but you are talking big dollars.....it really depends on what you will be doing with the pc.

CPU: i7 4790k OC'd @ 4.6 ghz COOLER: Corsair H105 (SP 120mm Quiet Edition Fans) MOBO: ASRock Z97 Extreme 6 RAM: Kingston Hyper Fury 16GB (2x8) 1866mhz

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB HDD: WD Blue 1TB GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750w 80+ Gold Fully Modular CASE: Fractal Arc Midi R2

OPTICAL DRIVE: Samsung DVD Burner OS: Win 7 64bit   Please do some research of your own before asking questions. Google and Youtube are your friend.

5930K + any X99 board.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

I'd go with

Case: Corsair 780T (900D has a classic look and I prefer modern cases)

RAM: G.skill or Corsair (DDR4 is still not mature yet and expensive)

Storage: Samsung 850 Pros or use a M.2 storage which is faster (samsung xp941)

CPU: 5930k

Motherboard: Rampage VI Extreme

Hope you get your new build soon .. enjoy!

"If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains." - Bill Shankly