Possibly upgrading from Canon 1000D. DSLR, mirrorless or...?

Everything is more expensive here (well... More like: In Germany everything is cheaper than in the rest of EU). Sony alpha 58 would be somewhere above 400€ mark. D3300 is more than 500€ for body only. That's why I look so much for second-hand products, where prices are a lot more reasonable: like Canon 600D's are usually around 300 - 350€, Nikon D3200's are a little cheaper than that, too bad there's not much SLTs to be found (and as for second-hand lenses... Unless you're looking for EF/EF-S lenses or Nikon FX/DX (?) lenses, good luck finding other lenses than kit lenses).

problem is, 600Ds are really not that good... in terms of image quality it tends to be worse than the D3100 + its noisier. IMO the only reason to buy Canon is because you have Canon lenses, and for video (Sonys are good at that too)

If I were you, I would grab the D3200 and a cheapo kit lens. And maybe later a 35mm 1.8G

My PC: Intel Core i3-3220 | Alpenföhn Civetta | XFX HD 7770 1GB | ASRock B75-Pro3-M | Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB | beQuiet PurePower L8 430W | Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB | Kingston V200+ 60GB | NZXT Vulcan | Soundblaster Play Replaced by Notebook + eGPU

My Notebook:   Apple MacBook Pro Retina 13-inch, Late 2013; Core i5 4258U @2.4-2.9 Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB PCIe SSD, Iris Graphics 5100 + GTX 960 eGPU

My Phone: OnePlus One with CM12      Camera: Nikon D3200 + 50mm f/1.8G + Kit lenses

problem is, 600Ds are really not that good... in terms of image quality it tends to be worse than the D3100 + its noisier. IMO the only reason to buy Canon is because you have Canon lenses, and for video (Sonys are good at that too)

If I were you, I would grab the D3200 and a cheapo kit lens. And maybe later a 35mm 1.8G

Currently leaning a bit more towards SLTs, that is if if I could find second-hand ones for sale in this country. Other thing kinda hindering that is the lenses; not much variation, and so far I haven't seen any lens adapters for Sony Alpha mount (or whatever name it has).

D3200's are not badly priced, though. They're still good and for used ones the prices are reasonable (under 300€).

I'll think about this a little more.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.