Positron Gaming PC?

GeorgeFuckit

It's fine, but keep in mind that the processor cannot be OCed.

dat username doe

Reminds me of this

I haven't seen a bad build by Austin to be hones. It looks good. I am not a fan of while cases and stock coolers but all can be changed.

Its pretty darn good, I wish he put overclockable cpu's in his builds but I think that that's done to make it a little easier for newer folks.

Drop the SSD, upgrade the CPu to 4690k and the motherboard to MSI Z97 G55 SLI. Get the SSD later

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

Oh yeah this is Austin's build!

I'd go with another overclockable i5/Z87 and also another case

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Gs9hGX

Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Gs9hGX/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($209.99 @ Newegg) 

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($26.92 @ OutletPC) 

Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($84.99 @ Newegg) 

Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($79.99 @ Newegg) 

Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($109.96 @ OutletPC) 

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($48.49 @ OutletPC) 

Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card  ($368.98 @ OutletPC) 

Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case  ($39.99 @ Newegg) 

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($68.99 @ NCIX US) 

Total: $1025.30

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-24 15:03 EST-0500

System: Thinkpad T460

For 1K I would get this:

Motherboard: ASRock Z97 PRO3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($74.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($64.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Crucial MX100 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($59.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V Video Card  ($349.99 @ NCIX US) 
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case  ($99.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1013.41
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-24 15:05 EST-0500

I Know PSU is overkill but it's for running SLI in the future.

Interested in Business and Technology

Drop the SSD, upgrade the CPu to 4690k and the motherboard to MSI Z97 G55 SLI. Get the SSD later

This. The SSD is a luxury upgrade, and I wouldn't sacrifice performance parts to get it. If you drop the SSD, you can get a K series CPU, Z chipset MoBo, and aftermarket cooler, and it's worth it in my book. An SSD will never help with benchmarks or in-game performance. It will make things "feel" quicker, but it's not offering any real performance, just that feel.

This. The SSD is a luxury upgrade, and I wouldn't sacrifice performance parts to get it. If you drop the SSD, you can get a K series CPU, Z chipset MoBo, and aftermarket cooler, and it's worth it in my book. An SSD will never help with benchmarks or in-game performance. It will make things "feel" quicker, but it's not offering any real performance, just that feel.

but is there real difference between i5 4460 and 4690k? I dont know how to overclock and shit and dont know if its worth it and I dont know shit :D

If you don't overclock, then no, there;s not really a difference between the two. If you do, then there's a significant difference.It's very easy these days and there are many guides. If you're willing to put all this together, overclocking should come naturally to you. For basic K series overclocking, there are really only two settings you have to change on the MoBo: Core voltage, and the CPU multiplier. Yes, if you get into it you can find other things to tweak and you'll have to change a bit more if you want to go super high, but for basic overclocking that should be sufficient. It's super easy. Have no fear!