Turning an old pc into a TeamSpeak/game server?

fojacko

OK, so my grandad has an old pentium quad core he no longer uses, so he is giving it to me. My original idea was to turn it into a teamspeak and use it as a nas (can you even use it as both? Although i don't think i'd trust my data on a makeshift nas server). I mainly would like to know the steps on setting it up as a teamspeak server and what linux distro i'd need and how i'd get it so i can remotely execute commands (PuTTY, right?).

Also, i'm not 100% if this is the right section to post this in, I was torn between Networking and Troubleshooting.

My Build

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 ARMOUR | CPU: i7 9700k | Ram: 16gb 3200mhz Motherboard: ASUS Maximus XI Gene | Storage: 2x 1TB NVME 1x 500GB NVME 1x 120GB NVME | Case: Corsair 570X

CentOS 7, if you need hands on help PM me. :L

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

CentOS 7, if you need hands on help PM me. :L

Ok, downloading the dvd image now, guessing you can just put it on a usb and it will install like normal.

I will PM you if i get stuck on anything and can't seem to find any relevant resources.

My Build

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 ARMOUR | CPU: i7 9700k | Ram: 16gb 3200mhz Motherboard: ASUS Maximus XI Gene | Storage: 2x 1TB NVME 1x 500GB NVME 1x 120GB NVME | Case: Corsair 570X

Ok, downloading the dvd image now, guessing you can just put it on a usb and it will install like normal.

I will PM you if i get stuck on anything and can't seem to find any relevant resources.

Yep, you might have to open port 22 in iptables to SSH into it.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

Yep, you might have to open port 22 in iptables to SSH into it.

OK, found a guide on the ubuntu help page, it should be the same for centos, right?

My Build