Need some advice

Prof7

Hi guys,

I need some advice. I have some low impedance IEM's with an adjustable volume control on the cord (don't know what the technical therm is for that).

But when I turn the volume up on the IEM's themselves they begin to buzz after I'm past about 50% volume. When I turn the volume up on my computer there is no buzzing. Those IEM's are pretty low impedance (24 ohms), so I think my onboard soundcard needs a little higher impedance. 

I also have a pair of Pioneer SE-A1000's and they do not have the same problem. But they have a higher impedance (45 ohms).

I'm searching for a new pair of headphones, and my question is:

Do I need a higher impedance headphone for my onboard audio? 

Any advice would be appreciated,

Prof7

Note that I'm not responsible for eye damage due to poor grammar and spelling. 

Like @ShearMe with the nice profile Pic already said, those included volume controls can suck sometimes. I get that issue on a on the go speaker. 

Calling @c3p0_   ;)

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

@LarsReviews Stoopid I'm eating bakednoodles why you.. -_-

Fine doing this really quick. You would want to get rid of your onboard audio as they aren't build to drive high fidelity speakers. You should invest into a dac interface or a headphone amp with a dac interface.

Good cheap startingpoint would be

FiiO E17, Audioengine D1 or AudioQuest Dragonfly

Problem Lies in the volume control obviously. Those things are never built well.

Could very well be the case, they weren't very expensive IEM's

Like @ShearMe with the nice profile Pic already said, those included volume controls can suck sometimes. I get that issue on a on the go speaker. 

Calling @c3p0_   ;)

The only time when I have that problem is with my cheap IEM's. I thought that it may lay with the onboard audio, but @ShearMe pointed out it probably is the volume control on the IEM themselves.

@LarsReviews Stoopid I'm eating bakednoodles why you.. -_-

Fine doing this really quick. You would want to get rid of your onboard audio as they aren't build to drive high fidelity speakers. You should invest into a dac interface or a headphone amp with a dac interface.

Good cheap startingpoint would be

FiiO E17, Audioengine D1 or AudioQuest Dragonfly

I really want to but I dont have that much money :( . Those DAC's are more expensive than the headphone I'm planning to buy :P

I want some really comfy headphones, and I'm thinking Custom One Pro or dt770 (32 ohm version)

I really want to but I dont have that much money :( . Those DAC's are more expensive than the headphone I'm planning to buy :P

I want some really comfy headphones, and I'm thinking Custom One Pro or dt770 (32 ohm version)

The problem on your setup is onboard audio or even soundcards aren't meant to drive headphones that needs clear input. A pc soundcard usual has a lot of jitter and sound distortion while a dac is specific designed to filter digital audio and convert it to an analog signal that your headphones can handle. And without one you get that crapy sound from your quality speakers.

Long story short. You can not buy high quality speakers and attach them a chinese generic soundchip and expect good audio. So here's the most budget solution.

http://www.amazon.com/FiiO-E10K-Headphone-Amplifier-Black/dp/B00LP3AMC2/

Not pretty but the most basic interface around.

The problem on your setup is onboard audio or even soundcards aren't meant to drive headphones that needs clear input. A pc soundcard usual has a lot of jitter and sound distortion while a dac is specific designed to filter digital audio and convert it to an analog signal that your headphones can handle. And without one you get that crapy sound from your quality speakers.

Long story short. You can not buy high quality speakers and attach them a chinese generic soundchip and expect good audio. So here's the most budget solution.

OMG the snake oil is so strong with you! A different source is unrealistic and unnecessary for his low budget.

Long story short. You can not buy high quality speakers and attach them a chinese generic soundchip and expect good audio.

Actually, yes you can.   There is no need for a expensive DAC when he is just starting, no need for expensive equipment at this point.

The difference he will perceive, is most likely going to be enough to make him feel the headphone's purchase was worth it.

Mystery is the source of all true science.

OMG the snake oil is so strong with you! A different source is unrealistic and unnecessary for his low budget.

Yeah growing your e-penis is super effective, thats exactly the advice he asked for. Why don't you start a new thread about how to do that properly. I've said my point and thats it for this topic. Anything else can be discussed with you/him and your e-penis. Not my fault then when he listens to bad advice.

Yeah growing your e-penis is super effective, thats exactly the advice he asked for. Why don't you start a new thread about how to do that properly. I've said my point and thats it for this topic. Anything else can be discussed with you/him and your e-penis. Not my fault then when he listens to bad advice.

What is it with Austrians and penises? 

I agree with both c3p0_ and ShearMe.

A dac will probably make my headphones sound better. The only thing is, it's not in my budget and it's less noticeable with €150 headphones than when i'm about to buy €500 headphones -which i'm not-.

I'm searching for really comfortable headphones and thought about the dt 770 (32 ohm version). The only thing is the look, they don't look that great.

Custom One Pro's are an option, but they say the sound is better on the dt770

Any advice?

How+About+No.jpg?1307079577

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?