Purest White Paint?

berniebennybernard

Hi,

I'm looking for the purest white spray paint that I can get.

I've tried Rustoleum Ultra Cover 2x in semi-gloss white and I've also tried Montana Gold in shock white.

I'm not sure of the RGB code of the Rustoleum, but the Montana Gold has a RGB255 with #FFFFFF hex code.

However, after using both of them, the white is still not the same compared to the rest of my internal components as well as the NZXT G10 bracket.

Hi,

I'm looking for the purest white spray paint that I can get.

I've tried Rustoleum Ultra Cover 2x in semi-gloss white and I've also tried Montana Gold in shock white.

I'm not sure of the RGB code of the Rustoleum, but the Montana Gold has a RGB255 with #FFFFFF hex code.

However, after using both of them, the white is still not the same compared to the rest of my internal components as well as the NZXT G10 bracket.

Is the white too yellow or not as bright as the white of the other components inside the system?

Try looking into car matched paints such as ones from duplicolor they usually are more vibrant in color and brightness so it may help, it's somewhat of a guessing game with brightness and clarity to match it.

The white is a tinge yellow and also not as bright. I'll try looking into Duplicolour.

Any recommendations where to get it if you're from Canada?

I'm Lordco has it since another automobile shop that sold Plastidip recommended I check Lordco for custom paint.

The white is a tinge yellow and also not as bright. I'll try looking into Duplicolour.

Any recommendations where to get it if you're from Canada?

I'm Lordco has it since another automobile shop that sold Plastidip recommended I check Lordco for custom paint.

Places like Source Autoparts or Nappa both sell, mix paint and even can spray paint for you, for a more general selection places like Canadian Tire do have a good selection. Those locations do have duplicolor paints, also check and see if Plastikote has anything they are fairly well regarded but I'm not too sure about color selection. 

As an alternative try to see if there are any other graffiti/artist spray paint brands they usually have larger palettes of whites, and colors so they might have what you need.

Good Luck!

Great!

I'll try Canadian Tire first, if not, I'll head on over to Lordco or Napa.

Thanks!

What were you painting? Did you prime it and do several layers? White will look darker when you only do one or two layers onto something dark.

But yes, if the color simply isn't right your best bet would be Duplicolor. You honestly could just walk around a parking lot with your G10 bracket and find a while vehicle that matches it, write down the model and roughly what year it is if you know, and take it to a shop. None of my local NAPA's deal with paints, but that could just be a regional thing since we have a Carquest store here: http://www.carquest.ca/carquest/store_locator_ca.html

NZXT uses white gloss car paint on the G10 bracket.
I have the S340 in white, and the paint is so white that no white full gloss spray paint from any store matches its brightness.

You will definitely need to find some special car paint or something similar.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020