Hybrid drive or normal hard drive?

TBNRunity

SSHD's just are faster than regular hard drives, it has a a tiny SSD to cache data.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

If you want to use it daily, hyrid is the way to go. If it's just for media storage or whatever, normal will be fine.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Hybrid drive = small amount of solid state memory, with mechanical storage as well. It's meant to "intelligently" store commonly used files on the solid state memory (which is faster than the mechanical part).

Overall, it's a waste of time, if you want an SSD, get at least a 256GB SSD for your OS, and a mechanical one for storage.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Separate HDD+SSD is better than an SSHD

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Separate HDD+SSD is better than an SSHD

I completely agree, I would always choose an SSD and HDD if it's in the budget.

As a user of a Seagate SSHD I can say they are significantly faster than HDDs for booting and make browsers feel much more responsive than a HDD. They are definitely a good option if you can't afford a full SSD and HDD setup, they aren't hugely more expensive than their HDD counterparts.

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."

Ultimately the SSHD's can offer some performance advantages in certain scenarios . Like all read caching mechanics it comes down to exactly what you are doing, if it is repetitive or cache friendly type of workload then this will offer an advantage if not it wont. 

Realistically as stated above by several others using separate drives is the BEST way go guarantee top performance using an SSD for things that need the performance and relegating the HDD to tasks that it is better for.

If that is not an option generally my recommendation is to go for it, even if what you are doing is not cache friendly it will be no worse than a normal HDD and the cost is so close that its probably worth it just in case. 

I have a sshd, they chache to things you use most, so your boot times wont be fast, but if you play 1 game allot it will load it faster. 

My Little Gaming Rig:

CPU: FX 8320 | MOBO: Gigabyte 970A-D3P | RAM: G.Skill Ares 2x4GB | GPU: Sapphire Dual-X R9 270X | Storage: Seagate SSHD 1TB | Case: Corsair 200R | PSU: CM 550W V-Series

Upgrades to come: CPU FAN: Corsair H100i | RAM: 2 more 4GB sticks | GPU: Another R9 270X running in crossfire | Storage: Samsung 120GB SSD | PSU: Corsair 800w