surprised linus didnt take any jabs at josh lol.

I know it's an ATX tower, but can we get external measurements of the case? Need to see if it'll fit in my desk. I know the R4 was 232mm x 464mm x 523mm

It looks alright.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Linus did you get your 2 year old to film this? For some reason the camera work seems off.

Meh.. I'm a little upset that they removed the real aluminum in lieu of plastic but didn't lower the price at all. Solid case, but I think bringing it down 10 bucks would have made it a good value. Considering its competition at 100-110 bucks.

Case reviews are still one of my favorite things from this channel.  Looks great! :)

I'm sorry, but what is the embargo mean?

A review embargo is a date/time that a company sets to limit the earliest time that reviews on a certain product can be released. Since all reviews can only be released after a certain date (generally a few weeks after review samples have been delivered), no advantage is gained by being the first to receive the product. I would say it also improves the quality of each review as reviewers are not racing to be the first to post.

Total Biscuit gives a good explanation of embargoes in the gaming space: 

This is the first delayed release (due to embargo btw, not our choice) in 3 weeks or more.

Sorry, but the forum post needs to be up when the embargo lifts, and no one on our crew will be up at 4am lol.

But...Slick is already a zombie, why not have him do it?  ^_^

How much noise loss do you think you get when you add the window. Seems that both fractal and corsair have been packing all thier cases in this price range with sound dampening foam but then include the option for a window. Obviously you'd hear more noise, but is it really that much more noticable since the sound is directed towards the back and sides anyways?

Really like the drive mounting options....

When does it hit stores?

Whats the price gonna be?

Can Anybody Link A Virtual Machine while I go download some RAM?

*settles for an H440*

*sees the Define R5's super minimalistic design and the best of both worlds liquid cooling and silence power*

*has another case of conflicting decisions*

#PCMasterRaceProblems

:/

Click here to claim your free Linus plushie.

Used to have a Define R2, love it very much! And then I bought a new case to have a watercooling setup few years ago only to regret it a year later.

Has anyone thought about doing a case mod on this? got this massive brain-surge while watching the video. O.o

Meh.. I'm a little upset that they removed the real aluminum in lieu of plastic but didn't lower the price at all. Solid case, but I think bringing it down 10 bucks would have made it a good value. Considering its competition at 100-110 bucks.

It's always been plastic, lease with the last gen. Old case was a Lian Li cube (PC-V354) and the front door on my R4 was not even close.

I don't quite like mid towers. I prefer the enthoo pro.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

Some nice features like the side panel locking mechanisms but at $129+ this case is too boring for me and it doesn't have the exact feature that I want in a case that I'd pay that much more for and that is a drive dock and a carrying handle.  Sorry Fractal Design but definitely not a case for me.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

*settles for an H440*

*sees the Define R5's super minimalistic design and the best of both worlds liquid cooling and silence power*

*has another case of conflicting decisions*

#PCMasterRaceProblems

:/

Haha, I just hit the same problem.

Am i better off with this case then going for the enthoo luxe? Almost the same support for water cooling. 

silence.

silence.

silence.

silence.

silence.

silence.

silence.

silence.

silence.

silence.

silence.

silence.

silence.

silence.

silence.

silence.

silence.

silence.

silence.

silence.

silence.

silence.

silence.

silence.

silence.

silence.

silence.

silence.

silence.

silence.

silence.

silence.

silence.

silence.

silence.

silence.

silence.

silence.

silence.

silence.

silence.

silence.

silence.

silence.

silence.

silence.

silence.

silence.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYUH

guys im so excited ive been dealing with a desk fan sitting under my laptop so maybe i'll get this case and then slowly upgrade as time goes by and also have the coolest pc out of all my friends..
nnnnnngggghhhhhuh.....................

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYUH

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

i really like the removable options and the extra cable management but I don't want to wait (pre-orders up now show a late december release that may or may not be a placeholder) and the r4 is on sale for $79 right now.

if there isn't much of a difference i will stick with my first choice with the r4. 

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

it would be my dream case if they would steal case handles from Corsair C70.

This would just about perfect for me, I'm currently using the R4, love it.. this one seems even better. Except for the weird bay covers (at least there's a door :P), and I'm not a fan of the top either. I would've loved it if they went for the sort of approach that corsair did with the 780t and have nice mesh cover.

If I was building a new system i'd take the 780t instead, even though it's at the same level of build quality it seems. If only you could merge both those cases together.. perfect :D

Maybe the R6 will be the best case ever idk :P

May our framerates be high and temperatures low