Bad players with good PCs

APrettyCoolWalrus

My brother had a Athlon x4 955 + 5770

Spend over $1500 (a while ago mind you...)

On the Fractal R4 (launch price),<--bought before >this>  8350+D14+(new)HD7950 at launch+lots of good silence optimized gear that all up = $1550

He plays NO games (since COD-WAW days he did, since..nope) Wondering why he got a HD7950..? Because I had one. (Brothers...are like that)

He's a graphic designer/web developer and while I have plenty of Games and my rig in sig, he's not interested in any of it.

It's there IF HE needs it, but some would say thats a huge waste too.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

I find that I like having nice hardware just because I enjoy it. I do play games, but not as many as I used to, and will often go weeks without even playing much of anything. Yet, I kind of want to add another r9 290, and upgrade my processor. Do I need to? No. Is it running anything I play or do slowly? No. I just enjoy messing with hardware and getting new toys. I'd probably be ok with an i5 or even fx 6300 or something, and an r9 270. But where's the fun in that (no offense to anyone with those systems. We all just have different priorities. Like spending money on games instead of hardware that you then don't use to its full potential often).

Desktop: AMD Threadripper 1950X @ 4.1Ghz Enermax 360L  Gigabyte Aorus Extreme   Zotac 1080Ti AMP Extreme  BeQuiet! Dark Base Pro 900  EVGA SuperNova 1000w G2  LG 34GK950f & ASUS PA248Q Klipsch Reference/Audeze Mobius

Synology Wireless AC-2600

Laptop: Alienware 17R5   Intel i7 8750H  Nvidia GTX1080   3840x2160 4k AdobeRGB IGZO Display   32GB DDR4 2133   256GB+1TB NVMe SSD    1TB Seagate SSHD   Killer 1550 Dual-Band Wireless AC

Because they like playing. I'm not good at everything I enjoy, that's why I practice.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I play CS:GO and I absolutely suck dick at it, I have around a $4000 setup, does that make me a dick?

I play loads of other games other than CS:GO, I only play it to have fun with my friends.

I also play LoL, Bf4, COD occasionally, titanfall, and I usually do extremely well in those games, especially LoL.  

Hell, I've only played a handful of games on Titanfall, and I already have nearly an 8 KD :D ( i think some of them are from killing those weird bots, I'm unsure if that counts towards KD)

DvIpTuV.png

I'm sure if I chose to play CSGO more often I'd get good at it, but I play to many other games that keep me busy & I enjoy more.

Bottom line though, whether you're bad or not shouldn't justify not spending money on a nice experience.

I'm sure there is plenty of people that own supercars that aren't professional race car drivers.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I play CS:GO and I absolutely suck dick at it

youd be ok with an Atom them

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

This question is so stupid..... you buy a good PC to have fun playing games... just because you aren't top ranked doesn't mean you cant have fun. Plus not everyone builds a wicked PC, I bet quite a few people are just interested in computers and play games on the side.

What in the hell? Why would that matter? Like seriously, facepalm moment. People enjoy playing games with fancy graphics, resolutions and framerates. So they don't deserve to spend their money to get that if they're not good players? Who thinks like that, seriously?

OBVIOUSLY they have a bigger passion for building a pc than the game. that's my case

I would rather never play a pc game again and be allowed to build pc's then never build a pc again and only be allowed to play pc games. just me tho.

All me, not the best gamer though...

Radeon 5850...

http://youtu.be/5d64Hu_Yk4A

GTX 480...

GTX 780 SLi and 3930k (old build)

http://youtu.be/gm55iPdPhq4

Radeon 4570m on my low end laptop at 24-40FPS.

i7 5930k . 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 DDR4 . Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1-WIFI . Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP! 4GB SLi . Crucial M550 1TB SSD . LG BD . Fractal Design Define R2 Black Pearl . SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750w . BenQ GW2765HT 2560x1440 . CM Storm QF TK MX Blue . SteelSeries Rival 
i5 2500k/ EVGA Z68SLi/ FX 8320/ Phenom II B55 x4/ MSI 790FX-GD70/ G.skill Ripjaws X 1600 8GB kit/ Geil Black Dragon 1600 4GB kit/ Sapphire Ref R9 290/ XFX DD GHOST 7770 

I feel that I have rusted a few Jim mies with this topic, but it's just an after effect of an experience where this guy waved his 980 SLI setup in the air while he had terrible stats for BF4, which was the only game he has sunk over 250 hours in. This topic came to mind. Hopefully we can all be friends :)

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

This is a really silly question. Ignorant even. You don't have to be good at something to enjoy it. And you don't have to play one game either. And if that someone spent $2000 it clearly wasn't meant for cs go alone. Bf4 is very demanding. That would be like buying a lambo to drive it around the neighborhood. 

Incidentally that IS what people mainly use Lambos for. I just posted this in another thread too but just because you're shit at gaming doesn't mean you're somehow not worthy of having a good pc if you bloody want one.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

You don't have to be a pro player at games to enjoy playing them.... 

This.

i7 5930k . 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 DDR4 . Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1-WIFI . Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP! 4GB SLi . Crucial M550 1TB SSD . LG BD . Fractal Design Define R2 Black Pearl . SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750w . BenQ GW2765HT 2560x1440 . CM Storm QF TK MX Blue . SteelSeries Rival 
i5 2500k/ EVGA Z68SLi/ FX 8320/ Phenom II B55 x4/ MSI 790FX-GD70/ G.skill Ripjaws X 1600 8GB kit/ Geil Black Dragon 1600 4GB kit/ Sapphire Ref R9 290/ XFX DD GHOST 7770 

i kinda know where your coming from i admit ime good at racing and free roam but ime fairly average at FPS but my pc is no slouch 4790k gtx 980 i dont even play games much, some people including me just own the system becuase they want somthing really good

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

Why would you have a PC when you can have a console?

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Here's the facts, If a player can afford a decent gaming rig, it's because the player building can afford it because he/she's working, which means he/she doesn't have all day to doss around and play games.

I feel that I have rusted a few Jim mies with this topic, but it's just an after effect of an experience where this guy waved his 980 SLI setup in the air while he had terrible stats for BF4, which was the only game he has sunk over 250 hours in. This topic came to mind. Hopefully we can all be friends :)

Go to 3:50

Because they have lives (careers, family, other interests) outside of playing CS:GO and can't spend every waking moment playing it.

Enjoy the easy kill and don't be jealous of their rig.

Its like saying bad drivers should drive shitty cars..............But we all know horrible drivers have the nicest cars....right???  :P  

Because they like playing games at high FPS. Just because they're bad doesn't mean they cant enjoy it.

My PC costs around 3000$ and I usually only play Dota 2 on it, because I just don't have the time for anything else. However, I like to know that when I actually find some time to try a new game that seems interesting, I would be able to fully enjoy it.  

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

I think OP feels how I do. I don't play cs go but I am very into league of legends. I play on very bad100 dollar computer for 2 years and I'm very high diamond, when I hear that my friends parents bought them nice computers I get sad. I remember someone telling me that they are going to trow out their expesinve monitor because it has 5 ms response time and he is getting one with 2 ms response time. Yes having a better set up is always a good thing. I don't get mad at him for trying to get advantage possible but going 3ms faster isn't going to help you get out of silver2. I feel that as humans we like having things as fast as possible even tho we won't use it because it's a nice feeling to have. However we sometimes go way over bored. Imagine your out of town and you want to eat out possibly Chinese food. You are really hungry so you decided to buy the whole resturant. In reallity you could have just bought and 2-3 extra plates to feed ur self. So that way you can have the placibo effect and the calm feeling that you will never run out food. Please don't spend 8000 dollars on a computer to play cs go or get an i7 processor just to use word and chrome. Spend your money wisely invest in other things. If you work hard to buy a computer u also have to factor in the time ur missing playing because your working vs the real benefets of your improve specs. Their always diminishing returns and you have to find the best optimal path.

I don't see why it's a problem. It's there money they can do what they please.

CPU: Intel 6770k -- Motherboard: Gigabyte 170-HD3 -- Graphics Card: XFX 480 GTR OC 8GB -- RAM: Kingston Hyper X 4x4GB 2400mhz -- Storage: Intel 520 120GB SSD, WD 500GB Blue, WD 2TB Green -- PSU: Corsair RM 850i -- Chassis: Corsair Carbide 200R -- Optical: LG BH16NS40 16X BD-R Blu-ray Writer -- Additional Cooling: 2x Noctua NF-P14S Redux 1500RPM PWM, 2x Noctua NF-S12B 1200RPM PWM.