asus rog swift pg278q no signal

i recently bought the asus rog swift pg278q. and when i plug it in i get no signal i thought i bought a bad egg but when i plugged the monitor into my brothers laptop it worked like a charm except there was no g-sync option for it. after doing some more trouble shooting on my laptop i notice that my laptop does realize the monitor is there because it gives me options to extend my display enable g-sync and all that. it just says no signal. i have my brothers and my laptop both connected via thunderbolt with the same cable. i have no idea what to do. i also thought that it was a windows 8 thing because my brother has 7 but that wasnt the case cause i downgraded to 7 using a different drive and no luck still no signal. i will list my specs along with my brothers.

MINE

clevo p370sm-a (schenker xmg p724) barebones notebook

2 gtx 880m sli

brothers

asus g75vw

gtx 670mx

please if anyone has any idea what the cause could be please let me know im getting really frustrated. thank you

post-164331-0-63824700-1416808270_thumb.

post-164331-0-17714000-1416808274_thumb.

post-164331-0-73644300-1416808287_thumb.

post-164331-0-69630900-1416808290_thumb.

So wait the connection is Thunderbolt to Thunderbolt right? No converters in between?

And according to Nvidia's website your GPU combo is not even supporting GSync:http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/g-sync/supported-gpus

I suspect that the manufacturer of your laptop is perhaps doing some weird stuff to enable the Sli. Perhaps it doesnt even transmit a video signal trough Thunderbolt.

Do you have any other cables/connections to use. Perhaps try HDMI? That could get you the video signal,but no Gsync.

And as i am typing this I realize that Gsync is only supported on displayport ....

However, why it displays stuff nicely with your brothers laptop, i don't have a clue.

That time I saved Linus' WiFi pass from appearing on YouTube: 

A sudden Linus re-appears : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/390793-important-dailymotion-account-still-active/

So wait the connection is Thunderbolt to Thunderbolt right? No converters in between?

And according to Nvidia's website your GPU combo is not even supporting GSync:http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/g-sync/supported-gpus

I suspect that the manufacturer of your laptop is perhaps doing some weird stuff to enable the Sli. Perhaps it doesnt even transmit a video signal trough Thunderbolt.

Do you have any other cables/connections to use. Perhaps try HDMI? That could get you the video signal,but no Gsync.

And as i am typing this I realize that Gsync is only supported on displayport ....

However, why it displays stuff nicely with your brothers laptop, i don't have a clue.

it is a thunderbolt connection to displayport.

I shall buy a hdmi to thunderbolt but i know the downside is that it can only do 1080p 60hz

do you think flashing the bios will have any effect? i know there is a new version 

Any ideas would be much appreciated

try not enabling g sync cause your laptop doesnt support it

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply

try not enabling g sync cause your laptop doesnt support it

I tried it with a combo of disabling my sli still no luck guys

But thanks for the help.

If anyone has anymore ideas please post them im willing to try them

I tried it with a combo of disabling my sli still no luck guys

But thanks for the help.

wierd did u check to see if the display port on your laptop is bad?

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply

wierd did u check to see if the display port on your laptop is bad?

Its not the display port i hooked up a different monitor and it was all okay.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?53876-ROG-SWift-PG287Q-on-a-Clevo-Laptop-P375SM-A-not-working

On this form i recently saw this guy answered it. Ill let you guys know if it works as i have been only using extended display.

Im about to give up i love this monitor but i just cant get it

You have to go into the graphics properties and tell it which monitor. It thinks you have two or using another output

You have to go into the graphics properties and tell it which monitor. It thinks you have two or using another output

Yeah it didnt work. Im just going to return it

Mine did the same thinig. I disabled the IGPU

Through the bios?

• 3 months later...

It may be a little late but i had the same problem and fixed it. this only seems to help if you have a second monitor, and windows detects it the rogswift is plugged it. go on your desktop, right click, and go to screen resolution. now you should see your 2 monitors. you wanna click on the ROGSWIFT and go to advanced settings. one in there go to monitor and change the refresh rate to 144Hertz. That should fix it as it did for me.