Ordering Parts on Tuesday! Last Minute Changes?

I know I just posted a thread yesterday and I got some great feedback. So here is my revised build, hopefully this is the final version since I'm ordering my parts on Tuesday. I will primarily be using this for gaming on a 1080p monitor with games on ultra settings. Some of the games include: Far Cry 4, AC Unity, GTA V, Advanced warfare, BF4, BF Hardline, the Crew, Skyrim etc. 

I had the hardest time deciding on a motherboard, it was between the MSI gaming 5 or Asus z97a. I went with Asus because of their better build quality, but if I find the MSI cheaper I will pick it. I'm still kind of deciding on a monitor, I can't get any Korean 1440p monitors so 1080p it is! I basically can't decide if I should go with a 144HZ TN or 60Hz IPS. Which would you guys go with using a gtx 970?

Budget: $2000 including OS and peripherals (I have a mouse).

I will be using two intake fans at the front and one exhaust at the rear for the case.

Here it is:

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($239.89 @ DirectCanada) 
Motherboard: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($154.98 @ DirectCanada) 
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($81.98 @ DirectCanada) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card  ($418.95 @ Vuugo) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  ($19.95 @ Vuugo) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($107.99 @ NCIX) 
Monitor: Samsung S24D590PL 60Hz 23.6" Monitor  ($260.00) 
Keyboard: Cooler Master Storm QuickFire Rapid Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($74.99 @ Memory Express) 
Speakers: Cyber Acoustics CA-3602 30W 2.1ch Speakers  ($49.99 @ Canada Computers) 
Other: NZXT Hue ($40.00)
Other: Netis WF2116 ($22.00)
Other: Rocketfish mouse pad ($30.00)
Total: $1926.71
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-23 22:10 EST-0500

Looks good! Nice choice on the keyboard btw :)

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

I'd go with an IPS panel, also maybe you'll like this mouse pad:

http://www.pcgamingrace.com/collections/frontpage/products/glorious-extended-gaming-mouse-mat

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

For $20 more you can get a 256GB SSD. Also not sure about the monitor. And a SteelSeries QcK mouse pad will be fine.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

$30 mouse pad?  Does it move the mouse for you? 

:)

I'd go with an IPS panel, also maybe you'll like this mouse pad:

http://www.pcgamingrace.com/collections/frontpage/products/glorious-extended-gaming-mouse-mat

Thanks for the fast feedback guys. I will probably find a cheaper mouse pad on sale, I just need a hard surface for my g502. The feet don't perform as well on a cloth.

For $20 more you can get a 256GB SSD. Also not sure about the monitor. And a SteelSeries QcK mouse pad will be fine.

Thanks for the feedback, can you link the SSD you're talking about? I'm in Canada so it may not be $20 more.

I'd say get the MSI Z97S Krait and Fury White RAM.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

Thanks for the feedback, can you link the SSD you're talking about? I'm in Canada so it may not be $20 more.

About $28 more, but it's well worth it. Here's the link http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/part/crucial-internal-hard-drive-ct256mx100ssd1

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

I second the SteelSeries QcK mousepad, always use them, their reasonably priced and do the job!

---------- Alex ----------

Computer Science & Mathematics

// CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHzGPU: GTX 770Motherboard: MSI MPOWEROS: Manjaro Linux & Win 7  | Case: Vegeance C70 | XSPC Raystorm 750 //

60 hz IPS, 144 hz for crap colours, perfect angle and no freedom of movement? nah

System: Intel Core i3 3240 @ 3.4GHz, EVGA GTX 960 SSC 2GB ACX 2.0, 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 Kingston HyperX RAM, ASRock B75M-DGS R2.0 Motherboard, Corsair CX430 W Power Supply

Thanks for the fast feedback guys. I will probably find a cheaper mouse pad on sale, I just need a hard surface for my g502. The feet don't perform as well on a cloth.

Just remember that mouse pads get dirty (affects smooth tracking) and move around on the desk/table/whatever.  I don't have any specific suggestions, that's just something I've noticed about them that *I* would consider if I were to shop for one. 

I'd say get the MSI Z97S Krait and Fury White RAM.

Not available at stores near me :/ thanks anyways!

I suppose I could forget the mousepad and get that instead...hmmmm....decisions.... <_<

What kind of desk do you have?

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

60 hz IPS, 144 hz for crap colours, perfect angle and no freedom of movement? nah

So you think I should go 60Hz IPS? and I'm not quite sure what you mean by no freedom of movement with 144Hz...

What kind of desk do you have?

Idk some desk from Ikea, I've had it literally 13 years. I can fit two 24" monitors though.

Idk some desk from Ikea, I've had it literally 13 years. I can fit two 24" monitors though.

You could probably hold off on the mouse pad if you absolutely had to.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

I second the SteelSeries QcK mousepad, always use them, their reasonably priced and do the job!

Thanks for the feedback!

You could probably hold off on the mouse pad if you absolutely had to.

Yeah, I might end up doing that, thanks  ;)

So you think I should go 60Hz IPS? and I'm not quite sure what you mean by no freedom of movement with 144Hz...

what i meant was viewing angles. viewing angles are terrible on a TN panel and it not easy sometimes with a big display 

System: Intel Core i3 3240 @ 3.4GHz, EVGA GTX 960 SSC 2GB ACX 2.0, 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 Kingston HyperX RAM, ASRock B75M-DGS R2.0 Motherboard, Corsair CX430 W Power Supply

I'd never move to TN panels. IPS is the best you can get right now.

What they meant was with TN the picture looks decent head-on, but from an angle it looks worse and worse - which isn't the case with IPS panels.

60Hz IPS is fine.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Thanks for the clarification. I think I will go with an IPS mainly for the colours (Far Cry 4 would probably look great on an IPS anyway). At first I was going to go for an Asus vg248qe, but IPS sounds so much better. Do you guys have any recommendations besides the Samsung I picked? I don't want to spend over $350.