Current Computer build spec's for Video Editing 2K & 4k

Jamie_Milk
Go to solution Solved by warplane95,

Just wanted to post the specs for the current build that I am putting together and wanted to see if anyone wanted to chime in on advice for me. Basically, the computer will be used for editing 2k, 4k footage. Lots off Color Grading and also After Effects and the majority of the Creative Suite. 

• ASUS X99-E WS LGA 2011-v3 Intel X99 SATA 6Gb/s
  • Intel Core i7-5960X Haswell-E 8-Core 3.0GHz LGA 2011-v3
  • Intel 530 Series SSDSC2BW480A4K5 2.5" 480GB SATA III SSD
  • ASUS Black 12X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R 12X DVD-RAM 8X BD-ROM 4MB Cache SATA Blu-ray Burner 
  • ASUS GTXTITANZ-12GD5 GeForce GTX TITAN Z 12GB 768-Bit GDDR5
  • NZXT Kraken X61 RL-KRX61-01 280mm All-In-One Water / Liquid CPU Cooling Solution
  • CORSAIR HX Series HX1050 1050W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI CrossFire 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply New 4th Gen CPU Certified Haswell Ready
Current Price: $5,997

Couple questions if you could help me with: 
  1. What would be the best amount of RAM and which brand would be best suited for this build.
  2. Also which brand computer case and make should I get?
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Anything else you that you think I should do, or get feel free to inform me. 

Thank's:) 

Corsair makes some nice cases

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

neither get a professional gpu. titans are a waste of money no matter which you pick

System: Intel Core i3 3240 @ 3.4GHz, EVGA GTX 960 SSC 2GB ACX 2.0, 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 Kingston HyperX RAM, ASRock B75M-DGS R2.0 Motherboard, Corsair CX430 W Power Supply

Why a titanz? buy a titan black instead

You really think so? 

neither get a professional gpu. titans are a waste of money no matter which you pick

Seriously, I have a friend currently using it in his build as Warplane mentioned and he's says it performing wonders (as he unlocked it *if that's the proper term* to use with PP and AE) 

You really think so? 

Seriously, I have a friend currently using it in his build as Warplane mentioned and he's says it performing wonders (as he unlocked it *if that's the proper term* to use with PP and AE) 

titan z is what $3000? if you spent that on a quadro ud get waaay more performance cuz the drivers are far more highly optimized

System: Intel Core i3 3240 @ 3.4GHz, EVGA GTX 960 SSC 2GB ACX 2.0, 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 Kingston HyperX RAM, ASRock B75M-DGS R2.0 Motherboard, Corsair CX430 W Power Supply

You really think so? 

titan z is a sli of two titan black. 

titan z=3000

titan black=1200$

with 800$ you can do a nice custom loop watercooling :P

titan z is what $3000? if you spent that on a quadro ud get waaay more performance cuz the drivers are far more highly optimized

yup - 3 +G's insane... i know. 

But with Quadro isn't the performance based on the amount of Cuda Cores? The Quadros don't have that many Cuda Cores but - yes they are designed for the heavy usage and load and provide the 10bit output. Right now I'm using a Nvidia GTX 780 for over a year now and it still performs great and did boost my workflow performance. I am looking into your advice. Thanks. 

titan z is a sli of two titan black. 

titan z=3000

titan black=1200$

with 800$ you can do a nice custom loop watercooling :P

... I'm just wondering... do you have the Titan Black? 

btw: crazy that it's 3 G's... I know. lol 

Brilliant... thanks. These were good reads. Totally beneficial.