Controller which makes you bleed when shot (but in a good way!)

SGM

The person still alive after 5 hours wins.

This is gonna be the way to enter the pro-leagues in E-sports now, risk your life to make a name for yourself.

Very Hunger Games-ish :D

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

i think this can cause problems for the donator, i mean you're excited, happy, focused, etc while playing and the amounts normally donated are enough to get someone dizzy at the end, i'm not a doctor but to me this sounds like trouble

I would guess that it has a limit, yeah if not imagine you enter the room and you find like 5 persons passed out :P

Planned I Hope Someday I Do First Build: CPU: Intel Core i7 5820k CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 EVO Mobo: MSI X99S SLI PLUS RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4-2133Mhz Storage: Corsair Force LS 240GB SSD & 2TB WD Green Graphics Card: ASUS GTX 970 4GB Turbo Case: NZXT S340 White PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit OEM Monitor: AOC i2267Fw 60Hz 22" Monitor

I hope that you can change the needles after that person is done playing... Because that would be horrible if you couldn't

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

i blame twilight 

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

Which leads me to my point.. why does someone need something to convince them to donate blood? Same process, suck it up either way?

True enough most people are selfish assholes sad but true so I'm for anything that helps increase the amount of donations

Don't share your controllers, kids.

You'll catch AIDS.

You clearly didn't even bother to read it. It's not much different to how you'd already donate it just plugs into the controller and draws blood when it rumbles so no increased risk of anything being transmitted.

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

pls don't come to keyboards

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

I know that feels. The morphine IV they gave me when I broke my arm was more painful than the broken arm itself.

I didn't find it painful, I was sitting very still so there was minimal movement but I could feel it inside me and that was so uncomfortable. I think IV's are typically done with larger bore needles so I can understand that being painful.

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

No this is just weird imo last time i got a blood test i nearly fainted (why i dont donate). For the people saying what if u get shot over and over im sure there is some sort of saftey thing that will control how much blood is aloud to be taken at a time and for a whole session.

As long as people get hit responsibly, I'm totally fine with this. Just keep it away from some of those Youtubers :o...  

This would be an interesting idea. But it would have to be a volunteer based LAN event and they would have to institute a limit for blood taken

sounds like fun. I'm sure they would stop us if we're about to faint.

SPAAAAAACE!!!

I'm really not sure how to feel about this.
They're certainly going to get a lot of blood with a controller. Keyboard & mouse FTW.

CPU- 4690k @4.5ghz / 1.3v    Mobo- Asus Maximus VI Gene   RAM- 12GB GSkill Assorted 1600mhz   GPU- ASUS GTX 760 DCUII-OC 

Storage- 1TB 7200rpm WD Blue + Kingston SSDNow 240GB   PSU- Silverstone Strider ST75F-P

What a stupid and pointless idea.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

It's a neat idea, but I think I'll stick with the normal way. I don't see this gathering a lot of traction.

The person still alive after 5 hours wins.

This is gonna be the way to enter the pro-leagues in E-sports now, risk your life to make a name for yourself.

Don't worry they will just have to hid behind something for a few seconds and wait for their own health to regenerate xD

Seriously though seeing as this is only compatible with controllers I don't see this as being very useful for members of the master race.

if we played ghost recon phantoms they wouldn't get an ounce. If we play bf3 they will have me drained in seconds....

So instead of rage quitting I just pass out

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

What's the point? If the whole idea of a shooter is to get shot as little as possible then why are they using it as a method to get blood. I'd be much happier donating blood and playing a game once I get home

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

So stupid and looking at the source it feels like they are lobbying...

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

it doesn't hurt if you don't get hit ;)

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

Apparently they just suspended the project due to some unknown reason :/

Update: Well, that was fast -- Kickstarter has suspended the campaign. The crowdfunding outfit typically doesn't comment on why it freezes campaigns, but it's easy to see why it would get squeamish about something that's potentially quite dangerous, even when there are plenty of precautions.

Source: (update @ bottom) :http://www.engadget.com/2014/11/24/blood-sport/

Direct Source news : https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1246820613/blood-sport-the-ultimate-in-immersive-gaming?ref=category

Details separate people.

That's a shame.

Thanks for the update.

The only time incorrectly is spelled incorrectly is when it is spelled incorrectly.

The all new vampire controller. It wants to suck your blaaaaaddddd!!!!!111!!1

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list