windows 7 black screen

gadgetguy99

lately while using my gaming pc running windows 7 i have been randomly black screening once a day. Im using windows 7 home premium on a standard 7200rpm hard drive, which i have had no problems with in the past. i am wondering if i should try reinstalling my operating system or try replacing the thermal paste on my cpu and gpu. Any suggestions and tips are much appreciated.

black screen as in it balck screens but the PC remains on??? or it shut down totally?

before reapplying thermal paste download a cpu temperature software reader to see if your temperatures are ok

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

check your temps also did you OC

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

lately while using my gaming pc running windows 7 i have been randomly black screening once a day. Im using windows 7 home premium on a standard 7200rpm hard drive, which i have had no problems with in the past. i am wondering if i should try reinstalling my operating system or try replacing the thermal paste on my cpu and gpu. Any suggestions and tips are much appreciated.

The Black Screen of Death (KSoD[1] or BlSoD) is the black error screen displayed by some operating systems after encountering a critical system error which can cause the system to shut down. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Screen_of_Death

What does your temperatures look like while gaming?

Does it shut off only while gaming?

#SAMSUNG  "provided us 4 1tb ssds so we could run the whole site off solid state." - LinusTech

#GALAXY

#ATIV

Look at windows event viewer, it tells you the problem.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020