Upgrade to Windows 8.1 now or wait until 10?

cheekboys

Hi, I have Windows 7 64 Bit right now that I use mostly for gaming and I was going to upgrade to Windows 8.1 around December. Should I do this or wait until Windows 10 comes out next year?

Just use the tech preview its pretty stable

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Too late to upgrade now, just wait the 10 out, I believe Windows 10 release date is February 2015. I could be wrong here tho.

Wait till 10... 

With the developer preview released right now, it's more ideal to wait.

There is a rumor where Microsoft is going to giveaway 10 to 8.1 users, but that's pretty much horseshit in my opinion.

#SAMSUNG  "provided us 4 1tb ssds so we could run the whole site off solid state." - LinusTech

#GALAXY

#ATIV

Just use the tech preview its pretty stable

Is it stable enough to be my main OS?

Hi, I have Windows 7 64 Bit right now that I use mostly for gaming and I was going to upgrade to Windows 8.1 around December. Should I do this or wait until Windows 10 comes out next year?

Nah, 8.1 isn't worth paying for over 7. Heck, 10 isn't.

"Rawr XD"

Is it stable enough to be my main OS?

yes

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Yes

So I should just use the technical preview until W10 comes out? Seems risky.

So I should just use the technical preview until W10 comes out? Seems risky.

What's wrong with 7?

"Rawr XD"

What's wrong with 7?

Nothing at the moment but Microsoft said support will be ending in january for W7.

Nothing at the moment but Microsoft said support will be ending in january for W7.

No they won't. It will be supported until 2020.

"Rawr XD"

You can use Win 8.1 Enterprise for 90 days and then buy Win 10. A bit iffy but o dear it works.

it will be support for afew years still would e very dumb to cancel support most businesses have only adopted w7 in the last few years  

Yes Yes Legalize Gay Marriage sure, but have you ever considered Weaponizing Gay?

CPU: I5 4690 3.5ghz || MOBO: MSI B85-G43 Gaming Board || RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengance Pro - Red || GPU: Gainward GTX770 Phantom 4gb || PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750W Gold || Case: Thermaltake Urban T31 || SSD: Corsair Force 120GB || HDD: 1TB WD Black

No they won't. It will be supported until 2020.

So say I wanted to upgrade. Should I just use the W10 technical preview?

So say I wanted to upgrade. Should I just use the W10 technical preview?

If you plan to buy Windows 10 when it comes out then sure, because the Technical Preview will expire eventually

"Rawr XD"

This only means end of feature support. Security support is provided till 2020.

C2p0_ is correct.

You can still use Windows 7 just fine.

However, if you want a new Windows, Windows 10 is coming "soon" (April rumors says, can be summer or the usual ~October date). In any case, it's not worth the full price of the OS.

Windows 10 is a stable but buggy (which is normal as you are using a work in progress OS). However, your feedback is used and considered. If you get Windows 10, be sure to update it via Windows Update, restart, than go on PC Settings > Update and recovery > Preview Build, and hit that download button and wait, to get the new build version. The download is ~2.7GB so be patient, don't close the panel while it downloads or change sections, and there is no progress bar. You can still do other things while it does this. When done, you'll see an "install" button, click on that, and Windows 10 will be updated to the latest build in the slow ring (something you can pick once the upgrade is finished).

Once the upgrade is finished, returning to PC Settings > Update and recovery > Preview Builds, you have the option to remain in the slow ring, or fast ring. Fast lane gives you more frequent new version of Windows 10, at the cost of being less tested and polished, but they are increase chances accessing of bug fixes and new features.

Current the last build of Windows 10 is Build 9879 on the fast ring. Slow lane uses 9860

Ring2.png