~€2500 mITX pc Plan ( 1st build. Oppinions are appriciated)

MadOliveGaming

Hi Guys!

So i decided to finally spoil myself with a high end sff pc to replace my electric heater errgh... HP laptop.

Im gonna move it a lot so an easy to cary case was a must. Now the budget includes the parts but also the OS, monitor, keyboard and a new mouse. My headset is still fine as i only recently got it.

Now here are the parts. I hope and think it will be fine as i have been learning a LOT about pc parts since I started considering DIY over 1.5 years ago. But oppinions are always welcome, you never know when someone else knows something you dont right! :)

-Gpu: MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G

-Cpu: Intel i7 4790k

-Mobo: MSI Z97I Gaming AC

-Psu: Corsair RM650

-Ram: Corsair vengeance pro 2x8GB 1866mhz cl9 (red obviously :P)

-Case: Corair 380t (black)

-Cpu cooler: Corsair h100i

-Ssd: Crucial mx100 512GB

-Hdd: WD Black 2TB

-Extra Fans: 2x Corsair sp120 quiet pwm, 1x bitfenix spectre pro 200mm red LED and 1x Corsair AF120 quiet.

Now I admit on forehand that this is not a perfect price to preformance build and I spend some money on esthatics where i could save money with less pretty options.

SSD. i hate 1 thing.... SLOW PC'S. I want most my programs and quite some games on the ssd. Voila!

RAM. Come on, they are very good looking ram sticks. Okay i could have gone 8 gigs but hey it fits the budget and since i only have 2 slots here i wont have to bother about upgrading this for a while.

PSU. Silent as far as ive heard and lovely stock cables ;)

FANS. Sure stock fans work... Though this should look better and its a tad more silent. At least for the h100i. Plus it looks good IMO.

Im also getting a corsair M65 RGB mouse and K70 keyboard with brown switches and an Iiyama ProLite E2773HS-GB1 27" monitor.

Now i know that a lot of corsair stuff, but thats more because of their astetics, not because i feel other brands do a lesser job, in fact some do better.

But let me know! Do you think this build is good or did i miss some flaws that i didnt catch.

FYI im from The Netherlands hence the euro as currency.

My rig. Case & psu: evga hadron air. Cpu: Intel i5 4690k. Gpu: MSI gtx970 4gd5 OC. Mobo: Gigabyte GA-z97n gaming 3. Ram: 2x4gb Crucial Balistics Tactical @ 1866mhz. Cooler: Noctua NH-U9B se2. Ssd: Crucial mx100 512gb.

Not a huge fan of the chassis. Also in a small chassis like that you should go for a blower-style reference cooler.

proud owner of alienware 13 with graphic amplifier and also a alienware X51 gaming PC!!! really powerfulL!!

xoxo samantha <3

I looked at it and it should be fine. Taste is a matter of oppinion ofcourse but the case is pretty strong as is its handle. Plus its like.70-80% mesh. For what ive seen on tests, it does very on cooling even gpu's similar to this one. Maybe i looked at the wrong tested but i doub i did. Never the less i appriciate you sharing your oppinion ;)

Shop i used: azerty.nl

I like to buy evrything at 1 store so i get it all at once

Edit: here is a link that should show the shopping list.

http://azerty.nl/winkelmandje/winkelmandje/?legen=1&product%5B729708%5D=1&product%5B707629%5D=1&product%5B732695%5D=1&product%5B708052%5D=1&product%5B642828%5D=1&product%5B626776%5D=1&product%5B564541%5D=1&product%5B649325%5D=1&product%5B688128%5D=1&product%5B742878%5D=1&product%5B733260%5D=1&product%5B562206%5D=1&product%5B465211%5D=1&product%5B624108%5D=1&product%5B509167%5D=1&product%5B653741%5D=1

My rig. Case & psu: evga hadron air. Cpu: Intel i5 4690k. Gpu: MSI gtx970 4gd5 OC. Mobo: Gigabyte GA-z97n gaming 3. Ram: 2x4gb Crucial Balistics Tactical @ 1866mhz. Cooler: Noctua NH-U9B se2. Ssd: Crucial mx100 512gb.

Not a huge fan of the chassis. Also in a small chassis like that you should go for a blower-style reference cooler.

Thanks to the sidepanels being vents it seems better to have GPU with aftermarket cooler instead of blower-style.

Thanks to the sidepanels being vents it seems better to have GPU with aftermarket cooler instead of blower-style.

Still, a blower is ideal for that style of chassis. I know, I've got a prodigy and a G1 970 (temp setup, but FAR from ideal).

proud owner of alienware 13 with graphic amplifier and also a alienware X51 gaming PC!!! really powerfulL!!

xoxo samantha <3

Still, a blower is ideal for that style of chassis. I know, I've got a prodigy and a G1 970 (temp setup, but FAR from ideal).

You cabt compare this to be equal to a prodigy. Nice case dont get me wrong but wirh quite q lot less ventilation

You cabt compare this to be equal to a prodigy. Nice case dont get me wrong but wirh quite q lot less ventilation

I don't understand why you're asking on forums for input when your mind is already made up...

xoxo samantha <3

I don't understand why you're asking on forums for input when your mind is already made up...

I said clearly that i was quite sure about my picks, but would like oppinions just in case i missed something. I dont NEED to accept evry bit of input i get cuz it would make my build a mess with so many oppinions out there. Plus the fact that tests show results that proof your point to be invalid.

I did thank you for sharing your Thoughts, its just that i have solid avidence showing that your oppinion, eventhough true with most itx cases, is incorrect here.

So i from my side dont understand why you keep saying the same thing whilst i made my point about it AND explained that i have tests proofing it.

Anyway i do appriciate you trying to help me, and im sorry if you are offended by me not beliefing you instead of a hand full of tests that show its fine. Sure its cooler in a 900D with all fans in place but common.