How long do you consider a computer should last

andre82693

eh hopefully, 20 bucks says 10 years from now, most consumer hardware is going to be mobile chips, or something similar. super power efficient and small, and any heavily lifting will be cloud computed. because if internet can be reliably 10-50gbps, why cant everything be done in the cloud? cloud gaming is almost a thing

Quantum computing.  :)

(think happy thoughts)

what's is this madness my dad has the EXACT same specs please tell me its not a sapphire cars

does he have 6 gigs of corsair memory, computer only cleaned once when i did it, and a 1200 watt power supply? because who needs graphics power when you have enough power to run 3 computers easily. 

Heh heh not here in the Upper Mid-west. It'll still probably be awhile. 

I still kinda favor local data just because yeah well it's there.

Still that would kinda suck for content creators on a budget.

...how do you know i live in the upper midwest? both of you are scary. *hides*

maybe back when i lived right outside of detroit. then i had a good chance:D not anymore, live in the sticks. or what feels like sticks after growing up in the suburbs

does he have 6 gigs of corsair memory, computer only cleaned once when i did it, and a 1200 watt power supply? because who needs graphics power when you have enough power to run 3 computers easily. 

Kingston ram but 6gb not sure on psu but def not 1200 watts or even half that our 6hp a/c uses less electricity than that

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

If you go full out beast on your rig when you build it, then it should be fine for 5 years maybe 6. When building a new pc I try to aim for the motherboard and cpu to last me around 6 and then plan to either upgrade or add additional graphics cards to keep up with advances in games. Really comes down to what you do on your computer. If all you play is rts games like sc2 then you should be fine for a long long time, but if you play alot of high end fps games that can push your cards. 2560 res or even 4k then expect to need to upgrade parts alot more frequently.

If you go full out beast on your rig when you build it, then it should be fine for 5 years maybe 6. When building a new pc I try to aim for the motherboard and cpu to last me around 6 and then plan to either upgrade or add additional graphics cards to keep up with advances in games. Really comes down to what you do on your computer. If all you play is rts games like sc2 then you should be fine for a long long time, but if you play alot of high end fps games that can push your cards. 2560 res or even 4k then expect to need to upgrade parts alot more frequently.

exactly. my dads system with its i7-920 and 6 gigs of ram, just needs another 4 or 8 gig stick of ram, and a new graphics card, and can last for years. even though its already 6 years old. 

...how do you know i live in the upper midwest? both of you are scary. *hides*

I didn't know, I live up here too and at least in a while more progressive state yet not a very internet concerned state. CenturyLink is just now starting to lay Fiber Optic in the metro area of my state and it will still be awhile before it's affordable and in suburban areas of my state.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

I didn't know, I live up here too and at least in a while more progressive state not a very internet concerned state. CenturyLink is just now starting to lay Fiber Optic in the metro area of my state and it will still be awhile before it's affordable and in suburban areas of my state.

comcast has a monopoly here, unless you what 3mbps internet. I get 40 down 20 up though. so not horrible, just 80$ a month. 

its to rural where i live. its a township. like what is that.  THERE IS SPACE BETWEEN CITYS. where im from it was city to city, and if there was no signs you would assume it was just one massive city. I dont like it. good luck with your fiber