Case fans!

namarino
Go to solution Solved by MourningSouls,

Do you have any other suggestions as far as cases go? And how good are the rosewill fans?

Got a max price and country? (If not US/Canada/UK then linking retailers would be helpful)

My top sub $100 case would be the NZXT S340, but not a good choice if you need an optical drive and don't want to use an external one. Fractal Design's Core 3300 + 3500 look quite nice, the 3300 would be my choice since I've come to like that style of hard drive mounting.

And pretty decent, some very good stats. Airflow is very adequate, static pressure is rated as being quite high and noise level is quite low.

While I have no personal experience with them as of yet, I'm planning on buying a set within the next 3 months to try them out, they are quite highly regarded.

Hey guys! Ok so I'm thinking of getting an NZXT source 210 windowed case, but it only comes with 1 fan. So I looked up the Bitfenix shinobi windowed case that comes with two fans. It seems like a pretty good case, but I think the NZXT is better built. Would it be more cost effective to get the NZXT and but some fans for it, or just stick with the Shinobi and the two fans that if comes with. I can get the NZXT for 44 and the Shinobi for 70. Oh and what would be some good fans to get for the NZXT if I went that route?

I like Cougar fans, best option from them would be Turbines. They are available in 4 packs and single for 120's, and 2 packs for 140's. Good alternative would be Rosewill Hyperborea's (aka Akasa Apaches depending on region)

Considering the price and mediocrity of both, I'd recommend the 210. That said, if there are other options available I'd suggest checking them out.

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

I like Cougar fans, best option from them would be Turbines. They are available in 4 packs and single for 120's, and 2 packs for 140's. Good alternative would be Rosewill Hyperborea's (aka Akasa Apaches depending on region)

Considering the price and mediocrity of both, I'd recommend the 210. That said, if there are other options available I'd suggest checking them out.

Do you have any other suggestions as far as cases go? And how good are the rosewill fans?

Got a max price and country? (If not US/Canada/UK then linking retailers would be helpful)

My top sub $100 case would be the NZXT S340, but not a good choice if you need an optical drive and don't want to use an external one. Fractal Design's Core 3300 + 3500 look quite nice, the 3300 would be my choice since I've come to like that style of hard drive mounting.

And pretty decent, some very good stats. Airflow is very adequate, static pressure is rated as being quite high and noise level is quite low.

While I have no personal experience with them as of yet, I'm planning on buying a set within the next 3 months to try them out, they are quite highly regarded.

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

My top suggestion and it's partly biased because I own one - NZXT phantom 530. It has excellent airflow options among other features you'd expect from a case at this price bracket (should be around $120 in the US, $170ish in AU).

You can fit 2x 200mm fans at the top or a 280/360 rad. A single 200mm at the front comes with the case but it only fits a thin circular bracket fan (spectre pro 200mm doesnt fit). Rear and side fit a 140mm but that is standard. HDD bracket inside has a fan mount to further direct air towards the GPU but I don't bother.

Having bigger fans means quieter operation while moving the equivalent air as faster/noiser but smaller fans.

Definitely a case that will last forever or until you get bored of it and want to change case. But functionally, it couldn't be much better.