Ap122, best budget fan?

OK, so this is my review of the AP122, a 9$ fan.(acutaly looks like its avalible for 2$ with 5$ shipping on amazon) First, where to buy
http://www.amazon.com/Silverstone-Tek-Penetrator-120x120x25mm-AP122/dp/B009A2N49I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1416761495&sr=8-1&keywords=ap122
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835220049&cm_re=ap122-_-35-220-049-_-Product
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/16985/fan-1052/Silverstone_Air_Penetrator_AP122_120_x_120_x_25mm_Fan_-_SST-AP122.html

Product page:
http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=338&area=en

Specs:
Model No.: SST-AP122
Color: Black
Bearing: Sleeve bearing
Rated Voltage: 12V DC
Start Voltage: ≦9V
Speed: 1200 rpm
Airflow: 42.58CFM(Max)
Static Pressure: 1.05mm-H2O (Max)
Noise Level: 19.7dBA
Life Time: 26,000Hr
Dimension: 120mm (L) x 120mm (W) x 25mm (H)
Weight: 155g

Pics:
 Sorry, cant post them now, linustechtips is being weird.

Looks:
Subjective, i think it looks fine. Colored wire tho, and brown connector...

Packaging:
comes in plastic bag, with 4 screws. Thats it. Cable is little short.

Performance:
Well, its pretty darn good. Cant give you numbers, but blows more air than spectre pro, sp120 QE, and your standard cheap fans.
Lacking on static pressure, but better than spectre pro still.
Also, the air channeling grill really works. It directs the air straight in a column.

Noise:
Again, cant mesure, but quieter than spectre pro ans sp120 qe, about same noise level as cheap fans that don't blow much.

Care:
Sleeve bearing, but that isn't bad. You just need to lube it every once and a while and it runs nice and quiet. Look up videos on how to lube fans.

Conclusion:
These are great fans, i would say the best airflow fans under 10$, possibly even under 15$

Highly recommended for extra fans needed on a budget

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

undervoltability? :-)

Works fine on 12v 7v and 5v, and still blowsa a good amount of air but silently (prob bad sp tho)

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

@NeatSquidYT Scan and a couple of other stockists have them I believe, but there is a small shipping charge on them. However, for about £1 more you can get the bitfenix pure wings 2 fans, which are also rather good. I'd have to say that these silverstones are cracking, they're pretty much the only silverstone fans that don't have an awkward colour scheme that clashes with almost any system you build.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

@Thorium19 u mean be quiet not bitfenix?

Also, the ap123 matches my build, ap181 do too.

@spwath sometimes I hate autocorrect on my iPad.

The AP123 wouldn't match my build colours, but an all black fan will almost always match build colours.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

@Thorium19

Thanks, I'll look into them. I was thinking of getting some fans after Christmas for my build, but Im still undecided on where Im gonna go with it. Makes it harder as the windowed 200R dosent have side fan mounts

undervoltability? :-)

It already runs at 1200RPM, 43CFM at full honk.

Wouldn't want it to go any lower than that. Otherwise blowing air in by yourself would work out as a better solution.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

i run my fans at 400-500rpm.  :D

I run mine at 200-300 xD

When I'm not folding, of course.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

Yea, the APs are amazing fans.  I still love my Cooler Master Blade Master 120s though.  Only $9 and pack a punch with 800-2400rpm and 3.9mm/H20.  They do get loud at 1600rpm and above, but they work so well in the 1200-1500rpm range that I never have the need to turn them up higher.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."