What is acutally that bad about Ubisoft?

theKumba

In my mind all of this Ubisoft stuff got pushed up far too high and it's not even as bad as it is said to be.

I mean think about it. Ubisoft has been one of the better game publishers for the last couple of years and exists since 1986. Just because they rushed one or two games to the market doesn't mean that they'll become the next Electronic Arts. The only game that we know for sure sucks is Assassins Creed Unity and it's basically the only example for them releasing a non finished game. Many might say that Watch Dogs was unfinished too, to which I would reply that Watch Dogs was a new IP with with some small cons, but also many pros.  Also you can't forget games like Valiant Hearts and Child of Light, which brought fresh air into the video gaming industry with their hand drawn style and their innovative stories and gameplay.

Another thing you can't forget is that there are some pretty interesting games like the new Rainbow Six coming. Also there are some new IP's like The Crew and The Divison which shouldn't be underestimated.

But on the other hand there is Uplay...

I once had one of these, now I've got this.

i can sum it up

"30fps is more cinematic than 60fps"

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

:/ I'm looking forward to The Crew, but if the online is any bit of fucked up as Watch Dogs, then I'm out.

317 is watching. 317 is everywhere. 317 is life.

Most Ubisoft studios seem pretty competent.. but that doesn't stop the corporate cunts at Ubi-HQ from beeing dumbasses.

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

if at this point you don't get it you probably never will. Perception is everything. If you like them you like them, if you don't you don't. popular opinion is exactly that and nothing more. 

They just keep screwing up games,games i would like to play but i don't because of the bad porting from console to pc

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

They lie to their customer base because they can't deliver the performance we want.

They prevented people from doing honest reviews before their game went on sale, thus inflating pre-orders unfairly.

They fixed the micropayments first before the actual game-play bugs in their new game.

There's more, but basically it mostly stems from the fact that their sleazy antics are all based upon them hiding/distorting information from the public, and that's atrocious.

I think it's the lying more than anything. If the message was, "consoles are budget gaming systems and as such we have chosen to make the visual effects as good as we can, at the expense of resolution and framerate," I don't think people would be as pissed off. But instead they've lied and claimed that low resolutions and crap framerates are the ideal, and at times limited the the experience of everyone else who doesn't even have a budget console just to uniform the experience. And that isn't on.

watch dogs - incomplete, terrible performance for no reason, high quality settings locked artificially for no apparent reason

ac unity - terrible, terrible performance across the board, not to mention clipping through characters and objects, pop-in and stupid ai. There is no excuse to release a game in this state (it's pretty much alpha)

30 fps bs - the whole pr nonsense about framerate is just stupid

resolutiongate bs - same as above, they need to cut the bs

microtransactions - not only are they permeating every part of the games they release, they also get the most attention from ubi when there are gamebreaking bugs that should have nomber one priority and instead are not addressed because microtransactions come first.

uplay - it's worse than origin. enough said.

they set embargos after release so people can't see a review before purchase

their whole drm policy is nauseating.

they insult pc gamers with constant references to how most pc gamers are pirates (not true and console gamers pirate games just as much)

EA on the other hand isn't behaving too badly atm to be honest. There have been some pretty good games for free on origin recently (especially dragon age origins) and while I think bf:hardline is a cash grab considering it could very well be dlc for bf4 it still released with very few bugs compared to bf4 and was overall better developed.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I do hate uplay, but at least Ubisoft, unlike EA with Origin, don't pretend that people actually use it except through Steam. And they don't exclude their library from Steam.

In my mind all of this Ubisoft stuff got pushed up far too high and it's not even as bad as it is said to be.

I mean think about it. Ubisoft has been one of the better game publishers for the last couple of years and exists since 1986. Just because they rushed one or two games to the market doesn't mean that they'll become the next Electronic Arts. The only game that we know for sure sucks is Assassins Creed Unity and it's basically the only example for them releasing a non finished game. Many might say that Watch Dogs was unfinished too, to which I would reply that Watch Dogs was a new IP with with some small cons, but also many pros.  Also you can't forget games like Valiant Hearts and Child of Light, which brought fresh air into the video gaming industry with their hand drawn style and their innovative stories and gameplay.

Another thing you can't forget is that there are some pretty interesting games like the new Rainbow Six coming. Also there are some new IP's like The Crew and The Divison which shouldn't be underestimated.

1) Lies about the power of consoles. Lies about FPS. Lies about resolution. "PS4 will run PC ultra settings in Far Cry4". Lies, lies, lies.

2) Outsources pc ports to undermanned, under budgeted Kiev and they suck.

3) Lied about "tricking pirates". Game was legally released a day early before the day 1 patch. Ubisoft tricked no one and insulted their own paying customers. In addition people playing offline would have not had the patch, and their previous title AC Unity was so bad, they TOLD PEOPLE TO PLAY OFFLINE.  Sold the lie through paid off "game journalists" and "tech journalists". The articles in the game journalist magazines should have been about a stuttering piece of crap port. Yet they were Nvidia ads claiming smooth performance. 

4) Blamed AMD again for a poor port (Nvidia Game Works game), but this time did it through third party like PC Gamer, fake benchmarks which were linked on this sites tech new forum from Gamer Nexus, or sites that refused to use AMD beta drivers that were out a day before official release which gave up to a 50 percent performance on MSAA and then those sites specifically ran MSAA benchmarks, which provided a very slanted benchmark. This is with people like Totalbiscuit saying the game was a stuttering mess on GTX 980's (both AC Unity and Far Cry 4), and "journalists" still claimed smooth performance on Nvidia cards and that AMD cards performed badly (they don't).

Example of BS.

http://www.pcgamer.com/far-cry-4-review-in-progress/

"On Nvidia machines this seems to be a solid PC release, but AMD owners might not be so lucky."

100 percent lie. 

Then there is Uplay, which Ubisoft refuses to spend money on to make it stable and reliable, yet wants us to use. 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

The one that stuck out mainly for me was how they treated the PC port of watch_dogs. Not only was it horribly unoptimized at launch and barred with crappy DRM (uPlay) but the lowest blow was locking the original E3 2012 graphical settings (which were shipped with the game) to create parity between the pc and console versions and then having the audacity to lie about it, claiming that they did it for performance reasons when in fact the E3 settings performance difference was laughable across many system configurations.

Above all the shitty things that ubisoft has done this past year so far, that single incident is the one that disgusted me the most, it shows how little they care for the pc platform and the pc community as a whole. 

There may be no loyalty to a corporation. They exist to make money and will screw you over if they get the chance. Just because they did well by gamers before does not mean they get a free pass on whatever they are doing now.

TLDR: trust relationship is hard to build up and easy to destroy. They messed it up and it's their fault

Its not about bad coding and rushing the game.

That is not the point.

The point is MONEY and piles of it and fixing/patching since day one.

Far cry 4 + ACU and watch dogs are perfect examples.

Also there are some new IP's like The Crew and The Divison which shouldn't be underestimated.

We'd be better off underestimating them, until their review embargoes expire and a playable product is available.

While I do agree that the "UBISOFT KEEP ON DIGGING LOL" jokes got annoying weeks ago, Ubisoft lately has been more than deserving of the contempt they're getting. Their behavior was outright hostile to the fair review process for Unity, and that alone should result in pitchforks and torches from anyone paying attention.

Ubisoft are now a completely next gen company and by next gen i mean next generation of fuck tards overtaking EA. U'dbisoft to buy anything from them. 

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

I'm not on the hate Ubisoft bandwagon like most people are, but they did dig themselves into a hole these last few months. And most of it was their words, not the actual screwing up.

I'm sure they will bounce back, but so far they haven't made any progress.

My Rig:

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H210 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  Motherboard:  MSI B450 AM4 Motherboard  Memory: GeIL EVO POTENZA 16GB Video Card: MSI RX480 Power Supply: Corsair TX 750w Storage: Samsung 840 120GB And a 500GB WD BLUE Monitor: Acer S231HLbid 23" and an old Dell Mouse: RAZER DeathAdder 3.5G Keyboard: Ducky DK9008G2 PRO MX Cherry Blue

They *might* not deserve all of the hate they get; but they've treated the PC users like absolute crap lately which hasn't gone over well. I myself won't be purchasing an Ubisoft game until they have not one, but several good PC ports to prove that they don't consider PC users to be unimportant anymore. 

Microtransactions in a $69.99 game at lauch.

GTFOH

Don't forget day one dlc

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

They lie, can't make games that aren't riddled with bugs, don't give a shit about PC gamers, force Uplay and make the same games.